ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moa precision Left Hand safety install stoeger m3000 , m3500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:45 pm 
Field Grade

I recently purchased a Stoeger M3000. Being a lefty I needed a left hand safety. With most of my previous shotguns the safeties that came in the gun could be reversed. So I went ahead and reversed the safety. Of course I found the doing this with the right hand safety that came with the gun made the safety inoperative. The gun would fire with safety on and off.
I looked online and I found Moa precision that made both a single large headed left hand safety and a double large headed one as well for the m3000 3500 guns.
There may be others but Moa was reasonable so I ordered one.
As per usual they don't ship to Canada so I had it shipped to my daughter's place.
Having done the original reversal twice I was pretty schooled on the procedure. Thanks to YouTube!
When you remove the trigger assembly there is a small round hole above the safety there is a smal pointed pin with a small sping above it held in place by a cross pin.
Remove the cross pin with a 1/64 punch . It should slip right out by pushing the punch through by hand. MAKE SURE you hold your thumb over the hole to contain the spring. You don't need to remove the spring just release the tension. You may have to wiggle the old safet y to get it out. If the pointed pin pushes into the hole that the safety fits in just lightly push it back up out of the way and insert the lefty safety.
The safety came without instructions and unlike other companies there was no logo to show the up and down position of the safety. It took a couple of minutes to figure the alignment and the total time to do the swap was about 10 mins from breakdown of the gun to reassembly. A good small punch set and a pair of pliers was all you need. There is a tiny spring inside the safety mechanism and be careful not to drop it. The pin that holds it in place can be a little bit fussy to reinstall. The spring has to be depressed while the pin is inserted. I used a 1/64 punch to push the right edge of the spring on the opposite side that the pin is inserted. Pushing the pin with my thumb in until it cleared the left side i simultaneously pull the punch out of the hole while pushing the pin into place. Seat the pin and you are done. Check the operation of the safety and reinstall the trigger group back into the gun and reassemble. Very happy with the outcome.

Browning BPS 12 gauge 26 , Winchester SX4 12 gauge 26 and 28, Mossberg Silver Reserve II 20 gauge 26, Remington 1100 IT 20 26 with Tru chokes. AYA 20 GAUGE Side by side 26. Stoeger M3000 12 gauge Shadow Grass Blades 28