ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M3000 jams after twice being sent to benelli
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:40 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a m3000 that has been used quite a bit, probably 2000 rounds. I recently sent it in for repair because it would some times not cycle the next shell. This was due to me removing a pin in the bolt i should not have, lesson learned. Benelli fixed this issue and also replaced the extractor claw that holds the brass edge of a shell in place, i guess it was worn? When i got it back about every 10th round jams on the ejection “port” where the action is exposed to the outside of the gun. I sent it in again to have them fix this. They claim they did fix it but it still happens. Anything from trap loads to duck loads. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? The gun is clean and well oiled. All springs were replaced before i sent it in. Could these be the issue?Image

Post subject: Re: M3000 jams after twice being sent to benelli
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:50 pm 
Field Grade

Wihunter01 wrote:
I have a m3000 that has been used quite a bit, probably 2000 rounds. I recently sent it in for repair because it would some times not cycle the next shell. This was due to me removing a pin in the bolt i should not have, lesson learned. Benelli fixed this issue and also replaced the extractor claw that holds the brass edge of a shell in place, i guess it was worn? When i got it back about every 10th round jams on the ejection “port” where the action is exposed to the outside of the gun. I sent it in again to have them fix this. They claim they did fix it but it still happens. Anything from trap loads to duck loads. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? The gun is clean and well oiled. All springs were replaced before i sent it in. Could these be the issue?Image

Did you replace the springs with factory springs?

If you replaced the springs again, could it need to go through break-in again?

What kind of shape is the ejector in? At the range, If you hand cycle the bolt does it eject?

Did you put the old spring back in and try it?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Since the factory replaced the extractor, I too would be leaning towards the springs that were replaced. Why not try putting back the old springs, one at a time, and then retest each time to see if it continues to gag?

IMO 2,000 rounds is not a great deal of use. Curious what you find out is the cure.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:56 am 
Diamond Grade

Would it matter if the gun isn’t being held tightly enough? I’ve never seen it happen but I’ve read that inertia guns need a solid mount to operate consistently.
Just wondering out loud.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:54 am 
Crown Grade

EricB wrote:
Would it matter if the gun isn’t being held tightly enough? I’ve never seen it happen but I’ve read that inertia guns need a solid mount to operate consistently.
Just wondering out loud.

Yes, I think it can effect the operation of an inertia gun. However, the OP did not have issues before and I doubt he is holding the gun differently now. Curious what he figures out.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:24 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought factory springs. I will try the old ones again but my thought is that duck loads should not be holding up a new spring. Short of slugs or a turkey load, they are about as powerful as a typical hunter would shoot. I will post back when I do another round of tests w the old springs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:44 am 
Limited Edition

Did you fix the problem? This video might help if not (it is not a very good video but you will get the idea of what the guy is talking about quite easily).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKyxpjm ... eilEverett