ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stoeger 3000
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Stoeger 3000 over under that I use for trap shooting. I have approximately 8000 rounds fired thru this piece since i purchased it new. I clean the gun almost every time after a shooting secession. Once a year I remove the stock and clean and lube the internal action. My question: what is the "life expectancy"of this gun? Thanks in advance for your help.

Post subject: Re: Stoeger 3000
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:32 pm 
Diamond Grade

Hard to know. Most people don’t shoot that kind of gun that much. The reality is that you are probably the best person to judge the wear in that gun relative to new. I suspect a good many more rounds left with probably some small parts like springs, extractor or firing pin. Good luck, I am a fan of them.