ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Guy Sayin Howdy !
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:37 am 
Utility Grade

Hey everybody! First post & just wanted to say hey and give a thumbs up on the forum. I just ordered my first SG, a Remingtom 870 Police with extended magazine, rifle sites and synthetic furniture!! I am STOKED !!! I've already picked up a 4 shot side saddle, a sling and a couple hundred rounds of Fiocchi to start breaking it in. If I can figure out how to post pics, I will.

Quick question. Do the side saddles fit w/o any mods to the forearm? I've read different things regarding the six shot - That's why I went with four.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: New Guy Sayin Howdy !
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:29 pm 
welcome to the forum. i'm a new guy too. it seems like a really nice place with lot's of info.

nice choice on the 870. i have a mossberg 500A persuader, with a pistol grip, heat shield, and 6 round side saddle.

i'm not sure about all brands of side saddles, but my 6 capacity tac star attached to my mossberg easily. i just had to replace 2 factory screws, and the screw the shell holder to the plate i screwed onto the gun. took about 4 minutes or so.
the remington tac star looks like it attached about the same way.

hope this helps

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Stinger9142 and RoadRunner,
I just wanted to personally welcome you to the Shotgunworld.com Forum. We mean it when we say we're the friendliest gun forum on the net. Just make yourselves at home.
regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:58 am 
thanks for the warm welcome, shotgunworld.

i will probably visit pretty often. my bro in law just put a mossberg persuader (similar to mine) on layaway today. i am happy for him, and i am sure he will be asking me a bunch of questions that i have no answer for.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

RoadRunner and stinger9142,

Welcome! Sorry I didn't post a welcome earlier. I've been quite busy lately with my duties outside of the forums, and haven't been able to visit as much as I like.

stinger9142,
Glad to hear that you plan on visiting further. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Likewise, if your brother has any questions, send him our way. We're always happy to help out.

Dirk/ Guardian

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:07 pm 
Field Grade

thanks gaurdian :)

i will pass the address along to him...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:10 pm 
Field Grade

***sorry double post***

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 1:51 pm 
Field Grade

Hello everyone. I am new as well. I'm Stinger's bro-in-law that he was talking about above. I just put a 12 gauge Mossberg 500 pump, 7+1, with full synthetic stock in layaway. I'm already looking into getting accessories for it, and I can't wait to go try it out and see what kind of damage it'll do. :D
I've used other hunting type 12 gauge's several times before, but I'm looking forward to having my own tactical one for in the home. I look forward to posting here.

Stinger: Thanks for the link to this board. Looks like it'll be a good source of info. Don't worry- I won't ask you a bunch of questions you don't know the answer to.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:11 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi guys, new member also. Just got home from Dick's Sporting Goods. I told myself I don't really need one, and I was this close to walking out with the 870 Express with Parkerized finish. ohhh baby. They had the Moss 590 milspec, but I don't know, the finish on the receiver wasn't to my liking. I spent ten minutes salivating over both of them tho, jokin with the guy behind the counter. That parkerized finish is pretty cool. I thought I was scratching it with my fingernail, turns out I was leaving my fingernail on the finish haha.

I'm gonna shop around tho, not sure if $269 is a good price, esp. since I also want the ext. magazine to match the 18 in barrel. Seems to have a smoother action on the pump too, compared to the Moss.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:56 am 
Field Grade

Biff Blaster: Dick's sporting goods is where I got my Mossberg. They had a pretty good price on it, compared to other stores in my area. I've never heard anything bad about either one, but I've heard more talk about Mossbergs than anything else. Hope you get what you want for a good price.