ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems finding Ithaca dealers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am having a hard time finding anyone that can guarantee me they can get in a new Ithaca Model 37 16Ga 28" VR shotgun. Does anyone have any ideas for a dealer around Indiana? I have been told that Ithaca does not move very fast at all. Has anyone had any troubles with any Ithaca that is new or with getting anything from the manufacturer?

I also have a concern about ordering a new Ithaca I have never seen. The Ithaca 37 deluxes I see that are new all have a lighter color stock and fore end. I like the looks of the one on the website yet I am not sure mine would look like that. I love the old Ithacas and would hope to find a new one. I also hope that the action is as smoth as the old ones from the 50's.

Post subject: Re: Problems finding Ithaca dealers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:52 am 
Field Grade

I have an Ithaca 37 Deluxe on order right now. I ordered it right about two weeks ago. The ship time doesn't have much of anything to do with Ithaca, as it will be coming from a distributor. I was told by Ithaca over email that it would about take 2-4 weeks, and the place I ordered from said they had no idea how long it would take. I'll keep you posted...

I ordered mine sight unseen as well. I've looked at the pix on the Ithaca website and would be happy with any coloring shown in the pictures gallery of successful hunters with newer Model 37's.The blow-up pic of the Deluxe would be fine (notice the mistake on the website when you click the Deluxe and see the Classic or whatever?? Click it again and the blow-up is the Deluxe) and the wood coloration of the Deerslayer would be fine too. I'll keep you all updated and will post pix when it gets here. The Hastings barrel should be in today... DL

Post subject: Re: Problems finding Ithaca dealers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

i just bought a 37 waterfowler storm that was ordered from a shop that was not a dealer but found a wholesaler that had the guns in stock. If I was to order through ithaca it would have taken up to 6 weeks and I had mine in 3 days. Try finding a shop that deals with wholesalers that carry Ithaca guns, might be faster. When they searched for my gun they found them spotted all over the country and just had it sent to this local shop. If you can't find one I could check with my guy here and maybe he could find one for you, order it and send it to a dealer in your area.