ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:47 am 
Presentation Grade

Just adding a good word for Vang Comp.
I placed an order for a 590 safety and hi-vis follower last week, that came in a couple of days later with a few extras. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:26 pm 
Field Grade

Has anyone used Ultimate Weapons Systems in Stamford Ct for stocks/grips. I placed an order with Ultimate Weapons Systems on Dec 23rd and got a order confirmation number. This item could have been sent by normal mail service. I have not received my order to date and on attempting to get shipping info I found that the telephone number listed on UWS site is answered by a recorded message that request that you leave a number and they will return your call. Left a message every day since 5 Jan 09. and no return call. I attempted to contact them by fax only to find that the fax number they list is a private residence house phone and is not associated with UWS. I believe I have been gypped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 pm 
Field Grade

For First class shotgun work, Mike Orlen in Amherst MA!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Craig at Gun Connection (member name MAX100)
[email protected]
NOB bolt handles, shotgun work

Chris Patty at CPWSA
http://www.cpwsa.com/
[email protected]
3 gun gear, lots of shooting accesories

Jason Trusty at Gear Sector
http://www.gearsector.com/
Slings, mounts, adapters

http://www.weaponevolution.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey Shooter, How's Cactus Tactical, I Ordered risers from them and I'm one of those impatient types. Anyway I called their # for info. and a message states that their voice mail has not been set up so I Emailed my request and my trigger finger is twitching!! Not one of you has mentioned them good or bad. Hoping its a Fluke.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:08 pm 
Field Grade

Hi All. First post here and glad to be aboard.

1 Big Dog, I just placed and order with Cactus Tactical on 22 Feb. and the order was in pending status until today. I checked their site and the home page has a new message up that they have just completed a move of their facility and are catching up on orders now. As a matter of fact, my order status went to "processing" as of today. I think we'll see our stuff soon. Got a Nordic Components +2 mag extension on the way for a Benelli Supernova I'm also waiting for. Can't wait!

Also. a big +1 for the following:

Magpul
Eagle Industries
Midway USA
Brownell's
Urban-E.R.T. Slings
G&R Tactical
LaRue Tactical (my gosh, the extras they send!)
and for ammo AIM Surplus and Wideners

All top notch in my dealings with them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

Got the same, my problem with them is that they didn't respond to my first email which prompted me to call their #, got that message " cust. did not set the mailbox "which prompted me to send a second email and by the way I included my order info in both messages. Now they return my second email stating "What order are you referring to" and how I should be as understanding as the rest of the world. Customer service is really all these sites can offer you, like I told them " I Don't need You, You Need Me ". To top it all off their final email included no apology, and just tried to blame everybody else for their poorly planned move. This will be the last they see of me, an I like to spend Deneros!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'm Sorry, WELCOME TO THE BASEMENT, may your stay be a long one!!!! If you need anything I can help you with don't hesitate to shoot me a message. Remember " You want what you want when you want it " not when they want to give it to you.

Post subject: Re: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

1 Big Dog wrote:
Hey Shooter, How's Cactus Tactical, I Ordered risers from them and I'm one of those impatient types. Anyway I called their # for info. and a message states that their voice mail has not been set up so I Emailed my request and my trigger finger is twitching!! Not one of you has mentioned them good or bad. Hoping its a Fluke.

Sorry about missing this, I just saw it today.
I've never dealt with them, so I can't say anything about them. I don't know that I've heard anything about them either really.

http://www.weaponevolution.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:27 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Big Dog! Glad to be here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

No problem Shooter, It's the no contact thing with some of these company's that drives me crazy!! I've gotten such great service from most of the sites I order from, I guess I'm spoiled. Optics Planet for example, ordered the tlr-1 with door and switch both access. were out of stock, Again I order the access., and again there OOS. Found Tyler tool in your neck of the woods and their website indicates in stock/out of stock and I hope they are on the way!!! Their prices are a little higher but if you've got it and I want it I pay it!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

in LA police gear i trust... if i have to order some gear, it comes from them annnnd they just started carrying tactical tailor
www.lapolicegear.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:06 pm 
Crown Grade

All have been good to me:

Sportsmans Guide (6/11/09)
Cabelas
Midway USA
Natchez
AIM Surplus
Cheaper Than Dirt (Although they've been gouging big time lately)

BT

Cole

Last edited by Beginner Trap on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:04 pm 
Field Grade

Has anyone dealt with combatstocks.com?

I was thinkin about getting a sling from them since they have it the cheapest price.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Sorry my first post has to be negative but I'm in the middle of an order with Cactus Tactical and want to warn others.

I placed an order by phone on the 5th for a Knoxx stock for my 870. I ordered from Cactus Tactical because they had the Knoxx in stock.

I was told the stock would ship either on the 6th or the 7th. I would get an email and the site would show the shipping info. Fine. On the 9th, still no email and no shipping info on the site. I call and am told, rather rudely, that they're running behind and the order would ship on the 10th or 11th. Still nothing by the 12th so I call again and am told the stock shipped on the 11th and they're just updating the email and website info.

On the 13th I get the updated site info that the stock shipped on the 13th. Yesterday, the 14th I get the email saying shipped on the 13th.

I'm still not sure they've shipped because I no longer trust them at all. If I don't see the stock this week, my next call will be to my CC company to reverse the charges.

The slow shipping is bad enough (8 days) but telling me the stock will ship tomorrow or it has already shipped when it's still sitting there is bad business. I hate BS that's designed to make me just go away. If they had said 8 days to ship in the beginning, I would have lived with that but they chose to be deceptive instead.

I would never order from Cactus Tactical again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Anyone order from Express Police Supply before?

By far the lowest price for a TLR-1 I could find

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_FL229.aspx

ETA: I ordered the TLR-1 for $79.00. Came quickly and in good order. Great Light
Hurry while you can because the offer expires on 3/31/09,

Last edited by Ranger_Rick on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:31 am 
Tournament Grade

I finally found a 18" barrel for my 870. Remington made, 18" 12ga. bead site, express finish for $124.95 from midwesthunterssupply.com. Very reasonable shipping of $9. Ordered on a Friday night and that Monday recieved an Email it had shipped with FedEx tracking number. I've ordered Ammo from ammunition to go twice now and have nothing but good to say also.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Tacticalshotgunner.com
I ordered on Tuesday. The item was in my home on my shotgun on Friday. :D

gearsector.com
Another fast shipper. Good service and product. :D

Post subject: Re: re: in ___________ we trust; vendor props
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:38 pm 
Tournament Grade

SockPuppet 870 wrote:
Sorry my first post has to be negative but I'm in the middle of an order with Cactus Tactical and want to warn others.

I placed an order by phone on the 5th for a Knoxx stock for my 870. I ordered from Cactus Tactical because they had the Knoxx in stock.

I was told the stock would ship either on the 6th or the 7th. I would get an email and the site would show the shipping info. Fine. On the 9th, still no email and no shipping info on the site. I call and am told, rather rudely, that they're running behind and the order would ship on the 10th or 11th. Still nothing by the 12th so I call again and am told the stock shipped on the 11th and they're just updating the email and website info.

On the 13th I get the updated site info that the stock shipped on the 13th. Yesterday, the 14th I get the email saying shipped on the 13th.

I'm still not sure they've shipped because I no longer trust them at all. If I don't see the stock this week, my next call will be to my CC company to reverse the charges.

The slow shipping is bad enough (8 days) but telling me the stock will ship tomorrow or it has already shipped when it's still sitting there is bad business. I hate BS that's designed to make me just go away. If they had said 8 days to ship in the beginning, I would have lived with that but they chose to be deceptive instead.

I would never order from Cactus Tactical again.
All you well get from Cactus Tactical is Agita(heartburn)!!! By far the worst service on the net!!! Well Magpul direct makes me equally sick!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anyone know about Alamo Tactical?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next