Shotgun Forum banner

evolution in 870 trigger pull quality???

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Hooz 
#1 ·
basement dwellers...

got this in my in-box this a.m. from Timney. Sounds like an answer to those (like me) who feel that the 870 needs a bit of improvement from its current one size fits all condition. you, in the back by the hot water tank, yes, i've heard it before, a shotgun isn't supposed to have a rifle-like trigger. i've even heard that shotgun triggers should be "slapped" for best accuracy. sorry, if i'm sluggin it to 100 yards, slapping ain't in my plan. price is not bad for a tuned trigger on any firearm. availability is set at the end of this month but some press releases come out months before the product does. just a f.y.i.

'pilot

Timney Triggers Announces 870 Trigger Fix

Timney Triggers values their customer's comments and feedback received from the field. In fact, since its inception in 1946, Timney has always looked for ways to improve their products by listening to the customer. After all who knows better about the product than end user? We asked and you answered. Timney Triggers is proud to announce for 2010, the 870 Trigger Fix.

Designed to work with all Model 870 shotguns, the Trigger Fix allows the user to have a clean, smooth, fully adjustable trigger pull. Every Timney 870 Trigger Fix is packaged with a sear, 3 pull weight springs and a hex head wrench. Simply choose a spring (light, medium, or heavy) and then fine tune the pull weight with the hex head wrench for a precise setting.

Whether you are a slug gun hunter, turkey fanatic or trap shooter the Timney 870 Trigger Fix will simply allow you to become more accurate with your pump shotgun. The Trigger Fix is avaiable January 25, 2010. Suggested retail price of $89.95. Timney Triggers is proud to offer a lifetime warranty on all of their products, and each trigger is proudly "Made in the USA".

For more information on Timney Triggers and their line of over 75 replacement triggers, please write to Timney at 3940 West Clarendon, Phoenix, AZ 85019, call toll-free 866-4TIMNEY, or visit the Web site at http://www.timneytriggers.com

If you would like to learn more about "The World's Finest Triggers" and the new Timney 870 Trigger Fix, feel free to set up an appointment or stop by booth # 1025. Simply contact EllisCom at chris@elliscom.net or call 304-574-3555.

See less See more
#3 ·
never said there was a "problem" but the 870 trigger assembly but the modern 870 express models have room for improvement in the trigger pull department IMHO. For the large majority of shooters, the stock trigger is fine. i'm always looking to see what is out there to make the sg run a little bit better. the timney deserves a look if you feel the same way.

#4 ·
Very interesting. How hard is it to install? I can strip mine to clean it, not sure about messing with the trigger. If it is not very hard to install, I might get one just for the adjustable trigger part.

#5 ·
870pilot said:
never said there was a "problem" but the 870 trigger assembly but the modern 870 express models have room for improvement in the trigger pull department IMHO.
I agree with you on this statement. My findings with "adjustable" triggers on combat guns is that the adjustment "slips" at the most inopertune times. A lot of AR shooters have had major problems with adjustable triggers in their comp guns.

I have no problem with slicking up the trigger on any gun, as long as it is still a safe, durable trigger system. But I don't want anything in my shotgun that relies on a set screw or nut with a little lock-tite to keep it in "proper" tune.

Rob

#10 ·
He takes it all apart and polishes everything. He might reshape the sear a bit too... Whatever he does, I'm a believer! He can make factory triggers quite nice in just about any gun.

And his $39 includes return shipping, so total cost including shipping it to him is about $44. He gives discounts if you send him three triggers at once too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.