ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking to learn clay games....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:26 pm 
Utility Grade

I split my time between Pemaquid and Brooks, looking for a club to join within a reasonable distance of either- have never really shot clay games but would like to learn. Any suggestions on clubs willing to accept the new and inexperienced?

Would love to be able to shoot a couple times a month. Have some guns, but nothing fancy, so looking for a group that doesn't mind that.

Post subject: Re: Looking to learn clay games....
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

I am from central Maine. I shoot at a club in Sidney called Arnold Trail. They are very friendly folks and would help anybody that is looking to learn to shoot and learn the shotgun games. They have a five stand that is open once every so often, 2 skeet fields and a few trap fields. I am not sure where Brooks and Pemaquid are in relation to Sidney, but it is really close to Augusta Maine. They are open every Sunday, best to get there early, I think after 10 AM. Check their website for more details arnoldtrail.com. LL Bean has a 5 stand setup open to the public from 2 pm till dark weather permitting. In fact they opened today. They are open Tuesdays, Thursdays and I think all day Sunday. They have a lot of great people that will help you understand how to shoot 5 stand. LL Bean also has walk on adventures where you pay I think $20 and they will teach you. I did not really understand how 5 stand worked, but I just jumped in and gave it a shot. There is a place in Canan Maine, a place way up north and a place in Scarborough. Lots of friendly folks that will help you learn how to shoot the games.

Post subject: Re: Looking to learn clay games....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:58 pm 
Crown Grade

i belong to Hermon Skeet in Hermon near Bangor. nice and relaxed. great group of people.

hold about 10 registered clays shoots per year along with a few skeet events. club is open wed morning and both mornings on the weekend although the coarses are closed if a registered event is being held.

NSCA 602398