ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What are considered the toughest shots in issf skeet?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

The good thing about our shooting sport is that it has no age limits.

I'll turn 50 this year and I plan to start my attempt to make the USA shooting team next year.

Maltz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 pm 
Field Grade

What inspired me into taking this on, was the 52 year old nord representing his country in the Olympics. Please keep us updated on your progress Michael with regard to competition. Stories like yours are like a much needed shot of motivation to keep trucking along on our chosen paths no matter how arduous the path or insurmountable the odds.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

Like you,my options for places to shoot are limited other than my one that is local unless I travel great distances.

With that said,2012 was my first full year of shooting and I made All American in trap.I started January 2010,practiced for 6 months and 1 week after my first competition I had health issues that put me down for 9 1/2 months.When I first started back my brain was pretty fogy from being on life support for so long and it has taken me some time to adjust and work around it.........it just depends on how bad we want it I figure and I want it bad.

So long as I can fund it,I'm going for it.

I plan to go down to the states this year and shoot some of the bigger shoots to get a feel for what it's like and hopefully meet some folks that shoot ISSF.

Danka Bartekova has been a huge help in learning what it takes to make it in ISSF.Even though she's plenty busy after winning the bronze in London she has been able to give me some advise here and there.

Maltz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:00 am 
Field Grade

Wow...reading your story really makes one want to get up and get on with it. Truly inspiring. Hope you reach and then surpass your dreams. It's worth fighting for.
I'm also trying to get a local champ to shoot with me. That way I might be able to pick up something useful just by observation. I will get a nicer gun and maybe travel for proper issf instruction if I can do something meaningful at the local level competitions.
Good luck, looking forward to further updates on your progress. I just placed an order for 2 pallets of clays from china. Currently negotiating to acquire cartridges at dealer rates direct from the factory. That'll probably get me a 25 to 30 percent discount. Otherwise a box of 25 is about $11. once all the pieces are in place then I can start training in earnest.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 am 
Diamond Grade

It looks like you are determined enough,maybe we'll meet on the field one day.

Maltz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 am 
Field Grade

:) Stranger things have happened...