ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning in a nutshell
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Company Summary
Browning Arms Company has drawn a bead on the firearms market for more than 125 years. The company traces its roots to the late nineteenth century, when John Moses Browning established his firearms factory in Utah. Mr. Browning, who earned many patents for his gunsmithing inventions, developed designs that were manufactured by Winchester, Colt, and Fabrique Nationale. The company, which has also operated as the J. M. & M. S. Browning Company and as Browning Industries, now makes rifles, shotguns, pistols, and accessories, along with archery and fishing equipment, knives, flashlights, outdoor apparel, footwear, and security safes.

Company Facts
2005 Revenue (USD): 228.90M
2005 Employees: 250
1 Browning Place
Morgan, UTAH 84050-9326
USA - Map
+1-801-876-2711 (Phone)
801-876-3331 (Fax)
http://www.browning.com

Company Type Subsidiary of Herstal
Fiscal Year-End December
Sales (mil.) $228.9
Employees 250

Management
Charles Guevremont CEO
Kraig Walker CFO
Wayne Frye VP, Management Information Systems

About the Herstal Group who owns Browning:
THE HERSTAL GROUP

The HERSTAL GROUP is known around the globe for the quality of its products. Under the brand name FN HERSTAL, Browning and Winchester, the Herstal Group designs, manufactures and distributes a full range of firearms and accessories for defense, law enforcement, hunting and marksmanship.

The Herstal Group has its headquarters in Liège, Belgium, the heart of Europe, and offices in nine other European countries, North America and Asia.

The Herstal Group includes Herstal, parent company and two main subsidiaries , FN HERSTAL, active in the Defense and Law Enforcement fields, and Browning / U.S. Repeating Arms Co., specializing in hunting /shooting marksmanship and outdoor sporting goods.

Each subsidiary has it own research, development and manufacturing components, and its own global distribution network.
Links:
Herstal Group http://www.herstalgroup.com/
Browning North America http://www.browning.com/
Browning International http://www.browningint.com/
FN Manufacturing USA http://www.fnmfg.com/

Post subject: Re: Browning in a nutshell
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 pm 
Field Grade

added note browning dose not have nay listed corporate officers only manager's if you have a problem with one of there fire arm products best chance of getting it resolved is through the store you bought it from otherwise its a crap shoot as to whether they will fix it or not.
The browning company is not like the original they are now about the money and just using the name's of past products to interest you in buying there products winchester is owned by the same people.

smcal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:33 pm 

I will sell you a comma or several. And I have a shift key that I can lend you. Your message is almost too painful to read.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 pm 
Field Grade

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 am 
Tournament Grade

Sorry if I am off track but can anyone tell me if spares can be fitted to a hydraulic Danussa recoil system and if so can you tell me please where parts can be obtained? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:36 pm 
Presentation Grade

Finally! My perfect Browning. My perfect can do anything shotgun!

I am a shotgun freak. I own a bunch, Parkers, L.C. Smiths, Lefevers, Remington's, Model 12's, 870's, Ithaca model 37's several. I love Auto 5's. I have been shooting Remington Model 11's and was looking for an Auto 5 that I could afford, now being retired and all. Found a beat up 1955 Light Twelve in a pawn shop. I cleaned it up a bit, but just a bit, refinished the wood, but the gun wouldn't hit anything. The barrel was bent, my gunsmith said it looked as if someone ran over it with a pickup. I searched and searched and finally found a new, used barrel with a Cutt's affixed. I got "Spreader" and modified choke tubes and Voila! I have a perfect skeet and trap gun! It would be a nice field gun too, it isn't that heavy. That speed loader is great! The gun shoots flat....many trap shooters like "air", I'd rather not. Bead on bird, dead bird. That Spreader choke is wonderful for skeet! I feel like I'm shooting a blunderbuss.

You can buy all of the new guns you want, and I suggest that you do. But I am married to my old worn Auto 5 with that Cutts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:47 am 
Crown Grade

Smcal wrote:
added note browning dose not have nay listed corporate officers only manager's if you have a problem with one of there fire arm products best chance of getting it resolved is through the store you bought it from otherwise its a crap shoot as to whether they will fix it or not.
The browning company is not like the original they are now about the money and just using the name's of past products to interest you in buying there products winchester is owned by the same people.

smcal

I realize this quote is from 2011 but I have had a Ctori XT combo since 2011. My experience has been quite different. The gun has not been perfect (but pretty darned good) and Browning has been quite helpful when I had problems. I needed a drawing with part numbers for the unsingle rib. One phone call and they EMailed one. I have placed parts orders several times for miscellaneous screws, firing pins, and main springs. Never a problem. I have chatted with the Browning techs at the Grand- always friendly and helpful and generous with misc small parts. I noticed at the Grand that the recommended annual service on a Perazzi is $250.00. I replace firing pins and mainsprings on my Citori every 20k rounds or so for about $25.00. The gun is now 4 years old and has shot about 30k rounds. A crack has developed in the stock straight across the grain at the thinnest area. The gun is at the service center in Arnold and they are awaiting parts. It looks like they will stand behind this. Not sure what more I could want from a company!

I had given some thought to a replacement or backup gun. I looked at the Fabarms Trap O/U. Nice looking gun that felt good. Price was in the same range as my Citori. AND a 5 year warranty. The fine print: Warranty does not cover wood and is void if you shoot reloads. Think I'll stick with my BT-99 and just not shoot doubles till I get my Citori Combo back.

Just my experience- others may differ.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 am 
Field Grade

I have to tell you that I am ABSOLUTELY disappointed in Browning. I have my grandfathers 1969 superposed Skeet gun. Its a salt gun. I have done some gunsmithing and stockmaking in my time. So I have some idea about what is involved in this arena.

I called Browning Customer Service and told them about the gun. I told them I had purchased semi-inletted replacement wood that was supposedly (I can't be certain) Browning replacement wood.

I asked them if they could pick the project up from there. They referrred me to the service department in Arnold MO with the assurance that they could help me. I called them today and I had hardly started talking before they started making excuses as to why the gun was basically "not their problem". It was "warranted to the original owner only...lah dee dah ...yada yada...blah blah blah..." On and on, excuse after excuse...

Baloney Browning! You made a piece of junk stand behind it !

"I don't write the checks I just get one" was the answer I got.

Well lemme see if I can help you with that sir. I know I don't amount to a pimple on a fly's butt in this world but here goes.

As the owner of about 40 browning firearms...You just tore it boys...That is the end of that! I had a new A5 sweet 16 on order...CANCELLED...Keep your guns Browning! You guys can't be trusted. I'm done...Over and out!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:15 pm 
Crown Grade

Same here. I've got my grandfather's 1959 Beetle. Rusted through. I called VW, they REFUSED to fix it! I'm DONE with Volkswagen!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:37 pm 
Field Grade

Yep...they painted that beetle with sulfuric acid before it left the factory and then they sold it right? Oops maybe not...Maybe it was the road salt YOU drove it thru. Think there might be a difference?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:48 pm 
Field Grade

Oh yeah one more thing (just to carry your analogy a little farther). I have a 65 Chevy Nova with 19K miles on it. Has been garaged most of its life and not a speck of rust on it. The superposed sits in a dehumidified gun safe and rusts away...Hmmm.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:55 pm 
Crown Grade

OldReddog wrote:

I called Browning Customer Service and told them about the gun. I told them I had purchased semi-inletted replacement wood that was supposedly (I can't be certain) Browning replacement wood.

I asked them if they could pick the project up from there.

If I understand correctly, you asked Browning to fit replacement wood to a 1969 Browning O/U?

For free or were you willing to pay them?

If you're willing to pay, there are surely many other options for getting the wood fitted to the gun.

Getting it done for free is another matter. Since you aren't the original owner, technically you didn't suffer any harm.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:58 pm 
Utility Grade

I always marvel at people who get twisted because someone won’t do something for them for free. Crimony sakes.....grow a pare and pay to bring the gun to new and be happy the metal is good.
Anybody who plays in the shotgun world knows that the late 60s for Browning Superposed is “no bueno” because of Salt Wood.