ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dixie Triball?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Does anybody have any experience with the current (2015) 3" Dixie Triball load? If so, what size and brand choke tube are you using?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Randy

Post subject: Re: Dixie Triball?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:42 pm 
Utility Grade

I just sent off an order this week. I hope I don't get ripped off. I have sent two emails with questions and no response. There is no phone number to call on the website... If I actually receive my ammo I will let you know how it works.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

I haven't used a tri-ball load that loaded by somebody else, but I do load my own and with great success.

I shoot my double round ball and triple round ball loads out of an old Remington Wingmaster with a 30" vent rib barrel with a fixed full choke.

Shooting from a sand bagged rest at 100 yards, the double ball loads are always within 3 inches of point of aim, and the "holes" on target are always 5" apart, but never the same. One load will hit at a clock position of 12 and 6. The next will hit at 11 and 5. The next will hit at 2 and 7 etc...

I won't shoot the double ball load past 100 yards, and prefer shots under 75 yards, but inside of that distance, it has killed a lot of deer! And to date, all deer shot have been hit with BOTH round balls...

On my triple ball loads, I limit the range to 50 yards because of the reduced velocity from the heavier load, and at least for me, when I shoot this load, I want to make sure I kill what I am shooting at!

The triple ball load, at least in my gun and barrel, will keep all 3 lead balls inside an area that can be covered with a standard clay pigeon at 50 yards, and that's good enough for any deer or hog that gets in front of it. And in all honesty, I don't shoot this load very much because of the recoil. Outside of that, it is a very effective load...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:45 pm 
Utility Grade

tru-ball wrote:
I just sent off an order this week. I hope I don't get ripped off. I have sent two emails with questions and no response. There is no phone number to call on the website... If I actually receive my ammo I will let you know how it works.

I got my order of tri ball 3"today. I tested them through my Remington 887 Nitro with the factory modified choke at 40 yards. Two pellets were almost touching and the third was separated. Total pattern measured 7" outside to outside! I am a happy customer!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:33 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Dixie Tri-Ball 12 gauge remains the tightest patterning, high penetration buckshot on the market!