Shotgun Forum banner

Ithaca Picture Thread!!

211K views 289 replies 151 participants last post by  oldshotty 
#1 ·
Folks, go ahead & start posting pictures of your favorite Ithaca Guns for all to admire!!

#212 ·
lowgun said:
Why do most pictures disappear after a while and some stay put? I would prefer the "stay put" mode if I knew what the procedure is.
This is how I see it...

The original person that posts the picture uses a website to "host" that picture.
That picture is then "linked" to that post.
For instance, I use Photobucket.com to host a lot of my pictures (family, guns, motorcycles, etc.) which are posted on various websites.

These are a few things I think happen when pictures no longer show up in a thread.
-People change who "hosts" their pictures and delete the old account. All those old links die.
-On a hosting site, if they rename, edit, or move the picture to a different folder, the link is changed and the picture no longer show's up.

I would personally like to re-organize some of my motorcycle pic's, how-to's, etc., on photobucket but have long forgot where & how many websites their posted on. So I leave them where they are.

I really don't like when I go to a website and read about whatever subject, and the pictures they posted with the thread are gone.

Ken

#221 ·

Hello,
I suppose my post here will be a sort of introduction. I'm an avid Ithaca fan, and there is truly is a wealth of information here.

Anyways, here are a few photos of my Ithaca shotguns currently:

1950 Ithaca 37T in pieces, and the stock photos are of the wood from that gun. I'll need to restore this gun entirely, and I have a NOS factory forend blank that I'll have the checkering on the existing one duplicated on. Not a bad project gun for $125

1941 37S with gorgeous wood and a Herter's Polychoke.

1952 37 with a replaced forend. The original one is in great shape, but I stumbled on this one online and decided to toss it on. Scored this one for $150 at a small shop.

1949 37 in 16. My first shotgun.

Ithaca/SKB 900 XL in 12.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155309396 ... res/N68pkA