ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grouse School follow up
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:24 am 
Tournament Grade

I am happy to report that my Grouse School event was a success. I had 23 attendees, most of whom had never hunted grouse before, but had wingshooting and gun dog experience chasing pheasant on our WMAs. This is exactly the demographic I was trying to reach in an effort to get more people learning how to enjoy chasing wild birds. Considering the entry to the event covered an RGS membership, no doubt the resource that provides will get a few people hooked on grouse and woodcock hunting.

My next event, which I am organizing now, will be a grouse dog seminar in the spring.

And, last but not least, a big thank you to all who attended dinner participated:
Andy Weik, RGS regional biologist
David Scarpitti, State of Massachusetts game bird biologist
Joe Levesque, RGS regional director
Ernie Foster Jr, Boston/South Shore RGS chapter president and Level 1 shooting instructor

Post subject: Re: Grouse School follow up
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 am 
Utility Grade

Greetings from NY,
I'm currently studying online (majoring in Firearms Technology at Sonoran Desert Institute). Are there any updates about Grouse School? Any online events / webinars? Are you planning to re-open RGS Grouse camp in 2021?

Post subject: Re: Grouse School follow up
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:59 am 
Tournament Grade

I have never had the pleasure of hunting grouse or woodcock but both are on my list. I wish there were an event like this closer to home haha. Great to see stuff like this happening, without enthusiasts and conservationist, this sport will die.