ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg SA-20 On The Way!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

After watching Randy's review of the 20 gauge semi auto shotguns I decided to take his recommendation and go with the Mossberg SA-20. I went for one with a synthetic stock and a 26" barrel. I will be hunting dove, quail, and rabbits in the Desert of Arizona. I wanted the lightest possible setup that I don't have to worry about getting a scratch on it. I plan on hunting all over the state this season. This baby will be just the ticket! Thanks Randy for the review and the recommendation. You rock Man!

Post subject: Re: Mossberg SA-20 On The Way!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:04 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

They are great guns for not much money.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Got the SA-20 home today. Stripped it down completely. I cleaned and lubed it. I'm adding some swivel studs also.
I have to say, I'm very impressed with the simplicity as well as the solid construction of this gun.
It's a winner. Unlike many semi auto shotguns pliars were non necessary to remove the charging handle. It was easily removed and replaced by hand. The pin for the trigger group was a piece of cake to remove and replace. This shotgun is going to be a breeze to maintain. I love it!
I had an issue at first trying to figure out how to remove the magazine plug. The owner's manual wasn't very clear on how to do this. A quick YouTube search fixed that problem. I'm going to order a Mossy Oak Brush pattern camo wrap for it on Friday. I will probably get the Mcarbo trigger return spring as well. The trigger is a little heavier than I would like it to be. I can't wait to get this shotgun out in the field after some quail and rabbits.
If you are on the fence about getting one of these SA-20's think no further. Buy it! You will be glad you did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14 am 
Limited Edition

To change the trigger spring you will need a tiny punch...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

I did the mCarbo spring kit on a SA-28 and it was money well spent. It's a little trickier to do than the SA-20 but still not too bad.
My only issue was once they got my email address, it took several "unsubscribes" and a couple rather pointed emails to them to stop getting all the junk they were sending me.
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:35 pm 
Crown Grade

I was impressed with the quality of the first one I got my hands on. Nice light all around 20.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

I wrapped it with a Mossy Oak Brush pattern camo Shotgun Skin kit.

I liked the way it turned out. Not a Hydro Dip, but it was only $27. It's ready for quail!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Be careful not to set it down for any reason! LOL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:50 pm 
Field Grade

Love my SA-20. Use it for everything from quail in Washington to pheasant in North Dakota. I 'had' a 26 inch barrel until I got a choke tube stuck in it. Mossberg factory replaced the barrel for free, but they only had 28 inch barrels in stock to do it. Oh well, can't complain for it was my fault to get the choke stuck in the in the first place!