ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scope for Shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 am 
Utility Grade

I need an advice for a good scopre for turkey hunting. It will go in my 12 gauge. I really don't need anything to magnifies, so a red dot would probably be fine. I would like to spend less than $ 100. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you,

Post subject: Re: Scope for Shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 pm 
Crown Grade

You aren't going to find anything new for under $100 that is worth the plastic blister pack it came in. Optics this cheap do not hold up to any degree of recoil very well. I have had customers insist on buying these cheap optics for slug guns and have seen many of the optics returned. What is humorous is a significant number of users pick the same unit or one similarly priced as a replacement thinking the new one will be different.

The lest expensive optic I would recommend - and I do with great hesitation- is the Vortex Crossfire at $150. Even then I have my doubts regarding its durability. I personally would not look under $200 as a start and I would do a lot of research to verify that the optic in question was built for the recoil of shotguns and not merely 5.56/223 rounds.

I would also not buy anything made in China as I have seen far too much variation in quality control in their products. There are some good Chinese made optics but they do not fall in the <$100 category.

The above was for electronic sights but the same goes for scopes. You get what you pay for and quality does not occur for under $100. One might find a decent used older fixed power scope in that price range but it will some looking and a bit of luck.

Raise your price to the $200 and over mark and you will be more likely to find something that will be reliable.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:59 am 
Utility Grade

If turkey hunting is your main aim then a holographic sight like the EOTech 512 or a budget red dot such as Bushnell TRS-25 are awesome options. This resource https://ioutdoorpursuit.com/shotgun-scopes/ has to help me a lot on choosing scope for shotgun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:08 pm 
Utility Grade

I recommend you use Nikon Prostaff P3 Shotgun BDC 200 Riflescope, its around $140. Don't buy on cheap ones since that wont last. I also recommend you use Paratus 3 Day Operator's Military Tactical Backpack, I guarantee you it makes you more efficient in hunting.