ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: feedback on Syren Elos N2 Sporting
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm shooting Fiocchi now, and anxiously awaiting Scheels' opening in Dallas. Fiocchi makes Scheels' store brand! MAJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:58 pm 
Crown Grade

Ryan Vance wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
Ryan Vance wrote:
p

Ryan: I did the gauge progression over the years, starting with a 28, then to a 20, then to a 12. I found the 12 gauge actually shoots softer than the 20 as the greater versatility in shell selection and the additional weight of the gun really cut down on felt recoil. I now shoot 1 oz shells that are under 1200 fps. MAJ

Makes sense. My wife uses Winchester AA 1 oz. 1180 fps loads. With the weight of the gun, there is very little (felt) recoil. The only complaint is from my pocket book :)

My father-in-law refused to believe my wife (his daughter) was able to shoot a 12 gauge and argued with her even after she bought it and had been shooting with it. We finally had an opportunity to let him shoot it. While he wouldn't admit he was wrong, he at least stopped arguing about it :D

You don’t have to buy the high priced spread in order to get the same low recoil. There are many budget brands that offer a 1 oz load that travels at 1200 fps or less. True Shot Gun Club sells that particular load in the Rio Elite brand for $47.66 a case. Sure they charge for shipping, but in Texas I get them delivered for a total around $60.00 a case. IIRC there is no tax either. So a pretty good deal. Remington Gun Clubs shells can often be found in that loading too. Gander has them for $49.99 a case routinely with free shipping. Gander does collect tax, but it is still a smoking deal.

Driving to Texas from Illinois may be an easier option than buying ammunition in the state of IL.[/quote]
How far could it be? Besides you get to load up on barbecue. But seriously, how is buying ammo in Oklahoma or Arkansas? Those would be closer, no? Or what about Indiana?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:31 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm sorry ladies, our crazy Uncle got out of the sporting forum. I hope he hasn't been any trouble. He is mostly harmless. Come on Uncle Rpenmanparker, I hear they are having pudding for dessert today. Let's leave these nice people alone and go get some pudding. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:01 pm 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:
I'm sorry ladies, our crazy Uncle got out of the sporting forum. I hope he hasn't been any trouble. He is mostly harmless. Come on Uncle Rpenmanparker, I hear they are having pudding for dessert today. Let's leave these nice people alone and go get some pudding. :mrgreen:

I like the barbecue idea better. And there is nothing crazy about that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:42 pm 
Crown Grade

rpenmanparker wrote:
blackandgold wrote:

Anything that is soft on your teeth. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:56 pm 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:
rpenmanparker wrote:
blackandgold wrote:

Anything that is soft on your teeth. :mrgreen:

You try to hide it, but you have had a good upbringing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:31 pm 
Crown Grade

I was raised by friendly wolves. We had a very inclusive den.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Syren Elos N2; I sure would like to review this gun on this thread. I want one and I want to trade in my shot-once Syren L4S as part of the deal. I reached out to August Crocker (the god of all things CG and Syren and an all round good guy) on NOVEMBER 2nd and he hasn't been able to lay hands on one for me, and has no idea when he is going to get one. It would be helpful if CG would give some idea of lag time of new model deliveries on all lines, not just Syren. As to Syren the new model delays are really, really long. Syren is no longer the only chick game in town, and I just can't see a new woman shooter being willing to sit around 6+ months for a gun when there are now other options available. MAJ

PS: In response to oyeme below. August is a full line dealer for CG/Fabarms/Syren, I bought the L4S, which is a Fabarms product, from him. It just puzzles me how Syren inflates a balloon of enthusiasm for a new product and they sits back and lets the air leak out of it through non-availability of product. It may well be that it is not an issue for CG globally as they may be selling all the guns they have the capacity to make.

Last edited by MAJENKINS on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 am 
Crown Grade

From past discussions with a FABARM dealer, it seems that the company will not automatically grant a Syren dealer that line of guns to sell. Seems kind of weird to me but then I think many of the gun companies are hide bound by previous selling methods.

It seems to me and has already been suggested to CG that a simple automated inventory/warehouse system that can only be accessed by licensed dealers would give them a much more responsive method to fill orders and provide status on future orders. Basically a website of product availability for dealers only to access.

You could also eliminate the antiquated distributor/state representative system currently used because "it is the way we have always done it". Lots of savings by eliminating all those "middle men" and better response for the dealers and their customers. Too bad one of the gun companies doesn't implement something like that. It would surely improve their bottom line.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:43 am 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
The Syren Elos N2; I sure would like to review this gun on this thread. I want one and I want to trade in my shot-once Syren L4S as part of the deal. I reached out to August Crocker (the god of all things CG and Syren and an all round good guy) on NOVEMBER 2nd and he hasn't been able to lay hands on one for me, and has no idea when he is going to get one. It would be helpful if CG would give some idea of lag time of new model deliveries on all lines, not just Syren. As to Syren the new model delays are really, really long. Syren is no longer the only chick game in town, and I just can't see a new woman shooter being willing to sit around 6+ months for a gun when there are now other options available. MAJ

As much as I do like my Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter, and as impressed as I`ve been with the few interactions I`ve had with CG/Syren/Fabarm customer service in Maryland, I just don`t understand their marketing and sales distribution. How many times have we seen comments on SW from folks who would really like to handle/shoulder a Fabarm product, but would have to make it an absolute project involving substantial travel just to get to one? With that approach, I certainly wish good luck to them as they compete with especially Beretta for the " higher end" market. I`ll never personally believe that they`ll have the market penetration that they could have. But what the hell do I know? :lol:

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:08 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OK all, proof that August Crocker is a fine dealer and an absolute gentleman. I copied him on the post I made above about the Elos N2, and he, on his own initiative, called around the country and found one dealer who had one of the guns, called the dealer and gave him my name, and then passed the info on to me. Now what he did was spend time and effort working himself out of profit on the sale of the gun. Wow! I have thanked him, but told him I would stay with "the one that brung me," and wait until CG/Syren graces him, a fine fellow and an Elite dealer, with one of the guns. When that happens, I will motor down to Austin. MAJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
OK all, proof that August Crocker is a fine dealer and an absolute gentleman. I copied him on the post I made above about the Elos N2, and he, on his own initiative, called around the country and found one dealer who had one of the guns, called the dealer and gave him my name, and then passed the info on to me. Now what he did was spend time and effort working himself out of profit on the sale of the gun. Wow! I have thanked him, but told him I would stay with "the one that brung me," and wait until CG/Syren graces him, a fine fellow and an Elite dealer, with one of the guns. When that happens, I will motor down to Austin. MAJ

Just....WOW! For both of you!

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:41 pm 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:

A trip to Austin isn’t exactly a hardship. Jus’sayin’ :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:23 am 
Crown Grade

Also I thought August was in San Antonio based on a much earlier thread post about the Yildiz Pro Sporters he had for at least a little while. Is that wrong? Is he in Austin?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

rpenmanparker wrote:
Also I thought August was in San Antonio based on a much earlier thread post about the Yildiz Pro Sporters he had for at least a little while. Is that wrong? Is he in Austin?

August is in Austin, though he is from one of those old south Texas German ranching families. He goes down to the National complex for the big shoots. MAJ

PS: And as I am on the south side of Dallas and August is on the north side of Austin, it is not a bad trip for me. Mandatory stop at Buc-ee's, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm 
Diamond Grade

MAJ,how's the pup doing? Lets have a update in the dog forum.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ohio mike wrote:
MAJ,how's the pup doing? Lets have a update in the dog forum.

Oh my goodness, what a joy! Will do. MAJ