ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Golf Cart insurance for travel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:33 pm 
Crown Grade

Mine is insured with Erie Insurance, as well as my Yamaha grizzly and other toys.

NSCA #551026

FORUMS are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. They don't teach shooting!

{RO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The biggest problem is that you don't know how good your insurance is till you have to file a claim.

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife
Polaris Ranger
Krieghoff K80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
Brain Chokes
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:56 pm 
Limited Edition

KRIEGHOFFK80 wrote:
The biggest problem is that you don't know how good your insurance is till you have to file a claim.

Terry,
I would suggest meeting with your agent and asking about coverage on and off the trailer and what is and what isn't covered BEFORE you need to file a claim. Oh that's right, most with Progressive signed up direct without the use of an agent. Just a little "caveat emptor", the cheapest isn't always the best.

Best of luck,
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:00 am 
Diamond Grade

My Polaris Ranger is covered by Progressive. It is covered in case of a wreck on interstate, fire, and theft on and off my property. $500.00 deductible for theft and fire. No deductible in case of accident. Just got my renewal slip in mail for 2020 coverage. Price was $269.00 if paid in full.

I had a golf cart before the Polaris and I think policy was around $110.00 a year for same coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:42 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have the same policy as Woodson, albeit on a golf cart. Last year was $84.

My cart is heavily modified with aftermarket motor, controller, etc so I was advised to keep the receipts handy in case I had to prove it wasn't a stock cart.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

My trailer is insured through Amica and they have my golf cart through Progressive. Golf cart was less than $100. Just renewed

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:06 pm 
Presentation Grade

Several years ago Progressive refused to write coverage for my EZGO Clays Cart. They would not cover it because it was used in shooting sports. Super liberal and don't like guns!! Currently, my coverage is with Foremost. $152 annually for Clays Cart, Honda 4 wheeler and Honda SxS. Liability only.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:18 am 
Tournament Grade

I insure mine through Erie. My cart is insured for theft/damage/running into something or someone(really hope that never happens). I have an enclosed trailer that is covered under my truck's policy while hooked to the truck. I also carry a seperate policy on the trailer itself for any theft or damage that may occur while it is unhooked from the truck. The insurance for the trailer and cart together may be around 200.00 a year. All are on my auto policy not my homeowners. Vehicle #1 is my cart,#4 is my trailer.

NSCA #653662 B Class shooter
Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporting
"Left hand shooter, I guess I am in the right state of mind"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:42 am 
Crown Grade

Well, I went through a local rep and they hooked me up with Progressive for $135/year. That includes theft and vandalism, but also liability including uninsured motorist - we're allowed to drive our carts on the streets in out small community - same amounts as a car, collision, etc.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin