ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: return to shooting
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:19 pm 
Utility Grade

I have recently returned to skeet after not shooting much for 7-8 years. Now retired and older with time available to shoot more. Trouble is I'm shooting the worse scores I have ever shot. Missing shots that I have seldom missed. I was previously a solid A occasionally AA shooter in all gauges. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: return to shooting
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:26 pm 
Limited Edition

Kinda hard to say without being there. Common sense says if you were out of it for several years you may need to brush up on fundamentals. Gun and eye hold points, form, balance, follow thru, etc.

Also now that you are older, have you had your eyes checked in the last year? Things can happen as we age with eyes and if you're lacking there it will affect your whole game.