ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm 
Field Grade

blackandgold wrote:
Luckily, we leave our registered super Sporting targets up for 1 week to a month. I don't get mad if they leave em up, setting 80 plus traps is a lot of work! I wish we had more space, we probably have 10-20 traps in reserve. All Promatics as far I've seen. :mrgreen:

When I would get bored there, another club has 3 traps super sporting just down the road, maybe 10 miles away. There is no FITASC, anywhere, ever, in my neck of the woods. There are some permanent parcours in Central, OH, but that is a hike. Me and my buddy (FITASC ref for NE, SE Regional among others) go practice there sometime. :mrgreen:

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

It still isn't the same as competition but I have saved a ton of money thanks to your advice. 50% off is heck of a coupon! I will thank you again! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Bmocaby97 wrote:
blackandgold wrote:
Luckily, we leave our registered super Sporting targets up for 1 week to a month. I don't get mad if they leave em up, setting 80 plus traps is a lot of work! I wish we had more space, we probably have 10-20 traps in reserve. All Promatics as far I've seen. :mrgreen:

When I would get bored there, another club has 3 traps super sporting just down the road, maybe 10 miles away. There is no FITASC, anywhere, ever, in my neck of the woods. There are some permanent parcours in Central, OH, but that is a hike. Me and my buddy (FITASC ref for NE, SE Regional among others) go practice there sometime. :mrgreen:

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

It still isn't the same as competition but I have saved a ton of money thanks to your advice. 50% off is heck of a coupon! I will thank you again! :mrgreen:

I'm assuming you put your response in with my quote and you meant to say: I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

My response:

If I had my way, FITASC would be the main event everywhere and English Sporting would be the side event. I'd probably actually even shoot a little of bit of registered as I would see the value in the expense. I don't blame my local rural clubs for not having FITASC, it is a tall ask. They are doing everything they can just to get Super Sporting.

Helice is the Holy Grail but the economics of throwing it are even more dismal than FITASC!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:06 pm 
Crown Grade

B&G; try some of the bigger shoots if you have them in your area.
I will be attending one of the FL big blasts and all I will be shooting is the FITASC and the Super Sporting. Will be doing the same thing at the FL State shoot..............I can shoot regular, (English), at monthly shoots so I will spend my limited budget preferably shooting the more challenging games.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 pm 
Field Grade

I'm assuming you put your response in with my quote and you meant to say: I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

My response:

If I had my way, FITASC would be the main event everywhere and English Sporting would be the side event. I'd probably actually even shoot a little of bit of registered as I would see the value in the expense. I don't blame my local rural clubs for not having FITASC, it is a tall ask. They are doing everything they can just to get Super Sporting.

Helice is the Holy Grail but the economics of throwing it are even more dismal than FITASC![/quote]

Yeah I'm still horrible at this reply/quotes on here so bare with me. But yes I'd like to shoot a FITASC but I like all my shooting clubs around here. Only 1 has registered shoots the rest are just local fun shoots.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:49 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
B&G; try some of the bigger shoots if you have them in your area.
I will be attending one of the FL big blasts and all I will be shooting is the FITASC and the Super Sporting. Will be doing the same thing at the FL State shoot..............I can shoot regular, (English), at monthly shoots so I will spend my limited budget preferably shooting the more challenging games.

We don't have bigger shoots. Closest FITASC is at Eagle's Nest in Central, OH. I'd like to try FITASC but not that interested at this time to do a 6 hr round trip.

@Bmocaby97 don't sweat it. SGW is old and buggy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:54 pm 
Limited Edition

ShowMe wrote:
My situation is just the opposite. As an NSSA Life Member I can shoot NSCA events via Cross-Fire.

Alas, NSCA rules say that since I was at one time a AAA skeet shooter, I must start in AA. No thanks.

If you are not competitive you will get down classed anyway the next year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 pm 
Crown Grade

dthudon wrote:
ShowMe wrote:
My situation is just the opposite. As an NSSA Life Member I can shoot NSCA events via Cross-Fire.

Alas, NSCA rules say that since I was at one time a AAA skeet shooter, I must start in AA. No thanks.

There will never be a next year simply because there will not be a first year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:44 pm 
Crown Grade

That's a shame; you're missing out on some good and challenging targets.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:13 pm 
Limited Edition

ShowMe wrote:
dthudon wrote:
ShowMe wrote:

There will never be a next year simply because there will not be a first year.

You show 'em! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:57 pm 
Crown Grade

dthudon wrote:
ShowMe wrote:

In what class did dthudon start?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:10 am 
Limited Edition

I started in sporting clays E class. I had no previous experience as a AAA skeet shooter as you did, therefore the rule applies to you. Comparing apples and oranges does not validate your complaint.

If you don't like the rule, then don't shoot competitively. It's very simple.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:47 am 
Crown Grade

dthudon wrote:
I started in sporting clays E class.

What's good for the gander is good for the goose.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:28 pm 
Limited Edition

I am sure you will be missed :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:21 pm 
Utility Grade

Just want to make sure I have this correct and didn't want to start a new thread:

I am a new registered target shooter, I have shot in 3 registered events, punched in all three.

My NSCA member page only shows 150 targets out of the 500 I have shot. I calculate that I have 2 punches left to get out of C currently.

When I register for future events online I should put in what I calculate and over-ride what winscore has pulled from the nsca/nssa page because that is not updated even if the scores are finalized. Until I reach a normalization point in scores and stop punching up quickly, I should in person either inform at the shoot what I calculate my current class to be OR if manual sign up I should register under the manually calculated class?

Do I have the gist of that? It is better to err on the side of shooting up a class (with exception to M) than to "under class"?

NSCA#684007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm 
Crown Grade

It is up to you to keep track of your punches and the correct class entry at a shoot according to the rule book. The online registration programs use the NSCA database to keep track of your class. The problem is that the club(s) may not have sent in your scores to update the NSCA database.
You are doing the right thing in keeping track of your punches and class. Good luck in your shooting!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm 
Utility Grade

albanygun wrote:
It is up to you to keep track of your punches and the correct class entry at a shoot according to the rule book. The online registration programs use the NSCA database to keep track of your class. The problem is that the club(s) may not have sent in your scores to update the NSCA database.
You are doing the right thing in keeping track of your punches and class. Good luck in your shooting!

Great, thank you for the clarity!

NSCA#684007