ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perazzi High Tech Sporting 20 Gauge
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:05 am 
Tournament Grade

I just purchased this Perazzi from John @ Pacific Sporting East, about 3 weeks ago, but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Adjustable comb, 32" choke tube barrels, Non drop out trigger, coil springs, selector, Nice Wood.
Anyone Own One, Shot One, or have any information on.
Thanks,
Breakemall

Post subject: Re: Perazzi High Tech Sporting 20 Gauge
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:52 am 
Tournament Grade

I haven’t shot one yet. I’ve been looking for a 20 or 28g barrel for mine but for what a barrel costs,,,I’ll buy another gun. Get out and shoot that sucker,,,,by yourself of course

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Phxfa,
What sealed the deal for me was that this Perazzi High Tech 20 gauge is very, very close to the dimensions of my Krieghoff K80 Parcours 12 gauge, 32", Briley Thin Walled.
Both are 8 lbs. 4 ozs, both very close on the wood dimensions.
I really enjoy shooting my Parcours, so much so that I seldom shoot my Krieghoff K80 Sporter, with the Parcours being my go to for skeet, but with all that being said I believe the Perazzi 20 gauge will soon be my go to for skeet, can't wait.
Breakemall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:13 am 
Tournament Grade

Finally got to go and shoot some skeet yesterday with my new Perazzi High Tech Sporting 20 gauge, with high 20's, and can't wait to shoot some sporting & I know she will do just as good.
What a sweetheart, perfect balance & swing, a super pointer, and a definite keeper.
And yes, it feels & performs very, very, close to my Krieghoff Parcours 12 gauge.
"GET YOU ONE", you will definitely LOVE IT.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Breakemall, are you saying that your High Tech weighs 8 Lbs 4 oz on a 20 ga frame? My High Tech 12ga bunker gun weighs 8 lbs 10.6 oz. I'm about to order a High Tech S 20ga frame with 28 ga bbls and now I'm concerned that it will weigh more than yours. My bunker gun has a 4mm rib with 30 3/4 bbls with fixed chokes. My 20 ga w/28ga bbls will have a 2mm rib, 30 3/4 bbls also with fixed chokes. I was hoping the new one will weigh about 7 3/4 lbs. Based on your gun, I am concerned. Thanks for any help you can offer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 am 
Tournament Grade

Sovrapposto,
Yes my High Tech Sporting 20 gauge,14 3/4" adjustable comb, true 32" barrels, factory flush choke tubes, weighs 8 lbs. 4 ozs.

Your High Tech Sporting 28 gauge, LOP ?, adjustable comb ?, 30 3/4" barrels. and barrel choked, could very well come in at 7 3/4 lbs.
Hopefully your dealer can give you an exact weight.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

Breakemall,
Thanks for your response. I will pay particular attention to the weight when I place my order in about 2 weeks. Hopefully it will only take 6-7 months to build like my bunker gun.
Kind regards,
Sovrapposto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well, I ordered my new High Tech yesterday. Ht 20 ga frame with 28ga bbls with 2 mm ramped rib with choke tubes and 30 3/4" bbls. Rich thought it would weigh 7 3/4 lbs or perhaps 1-2 ozs more. Perazzi sales are up quite a bit due to the success of the High Tech models. As a result of the bbl configuration and increase of sales, he said it would take " all of 8 months" to arrive. i don't mind because my bunker gun was worth the wait.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:06 am 
Tournament Grade

Sovrapposto,
Congratulations, you have definitely chose a winner in the High Tech, and now for the long wait, but like you said it is more than worth it.
One question, do you know if your ordered High Tech 20 gauge is the "SPORTING"??
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well, technically it is a sporter, however everything, and I mean everything, is to my order. The order form is extensive and even though this is my second custom Perazzi and I am well versed in designing my own gun, it took a couple of hours to finalize the design while at Cole's. The great thing about Perazzi is the availability to design your own very special gun with no additional cost over an off the shelf model. My only concern is not being able to see what the gun will look like until it is completed. My bunker gun came out almost exactly what I envisioned except it was 2 oz heavier due to the ramped rib but that is a distinction without a difference. Good luck with yours.