Shotgun Forum banner

Benelli Montefeltro 12 Gauge Walnut

11K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  chrisran99 
#1 ·
This is the all purpose, good looking, traditional vibe, hunt anything, carry all day, know it will work gun that I have been looking for. I don't shoot 3.5" shells, and don't like guns that look weird. The plastic 20 gauge is not the one I mean. The glossy blue barrel grainy walnut stock 12. This is Benelli's Goldilocks: Just right.

Not heavy, but heavy hitting -- on the birds not the shoulder.

And it wasn't expensive. $1,000.

Why is this classic not the Benelli everybody has? I bought the first one I ever saw. Normally, all I see are the SBE, Vinci, or 20 Gauge all black Montes.

Seriously, this is the gun to get for all around, easy to carry, easy to shoot, easy to feed, easy to buy, easy to clean, easy on the eyes.

#7 ·
I've got a Left Handed 12ga. with a 26" barrel that I use for pheasant hunting in S.D. I won it in a auction on Gunbroker. com for $545 a few yrs. ago. It was brand new in the factory box unfired. You might say I stole it for that price! I later picked up a 28" barrel for when I want to shoot clays with it.

#8 ·
Killed a turkey with my new Monte yesterday. Had the gun a week. Was a pleasure to carry around. 3" TSS load knocked the turkey over like a freight train. Recoil not too bad on my end either. No offense to those that shoot 3.5" shells, but I don't see the need.

Gonna take it to Montana for sharpies for sure in October.

Why was this gun less expensive than the SBE I didn't really want or want to shell out 8 more Benjamins for? ... Who knows. Lucky me.

This gun is the best not well kept 30 year old secret I guess.

Honestly, I think Benellis are generally over priced. This one is a steal.

#18 ·
Agreed on the Monte being the best value in their lineup. I have the Monte 12/28 and the 20/26, and they are almost* everything I want and nothing I don't in a semi-auto.

*I still have my original SBE for waterfowl and turkey. Been shooting that baby for 20+ years and it just keeps humming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.