ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saw lots of SD Pheasants last week
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:24 pm 
Field Grade

Okay so you've been in LOCKDOWN all summer and are getting anxious to stretch your legs and run your dogs. Here is your opportunity to be afield with your best hunting buddies.

This pheasant season will be excellent! I just came back from a Walleye fishing trip at my house. I saw lots of pheasants in the fields, along roadways and crowing off the river. Some crops are still standing in the fields from last fall. Many fields either got harvested late and some not at all due to wet field conditions. This resulted in lower harvest numbers so more birds are held over for this coming season. Favorable hatch conditions so far will result in lots of new birds this year. I anticipate a very good hunting season.

For this coming South Dakota pheasant hunting season I have the following dates available:

October 16-20 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

October 21-25 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

November 25-29 or November 27-December 1 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

Various flexible dates during December.

PM me here for phone number to answer questions and make reservations. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Saw lots of SD Pheasants last week
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:33 am 
Crown Grade

What do you think of SD abandoning the long established pheasant brood count survey and why do you believe the state took that action?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Multiflora wrote:
What do you think of SD abandoning the long established pheasant brood count survey and why do you believe the state took that action?

It was done because of the severely low counts the past couple years caused many Non residents to cancel trips and reservations. Businesses were pissed off about the low counts, but in reality would you rather lose one years trip or piss everyone off and lose them forever, basically it’s a put your head in the sand move from a department that no longer utilizes biological research to craft its direction, but solely is interested in tourism and tax revenue it can generate short term, long term ramifications be damned.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

dukxdog wrote:
Okay so you've been in LOCKDOWN all summer and are getting anxious to stretch your legs and run your dogs. Here is your opportunity to be afield with your best hunting buddies.

This pheasant season will be excellent! I just came back from a Walleye fishing trip at my house. I saw lots of pheasants in the fields, along roadways and crowing off the river. Some crops are still standing in the fields from last fall. Many fields either got harvested late and some not at all due to wet field conditions. This resulted in lower harvest numbers so more birds are held over for this coming season. Favorable hatch conditions so far will result in lots of new birds this year. I anticipate a very good hunting season.

For this coming South Dakota pheasant hunting season I have the following dates available:

October 16-20 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

October 21-25 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

November 25-29 or November 27-December 1 ---- 6 spots available -- $450 per person

Various flexible dates during December.

PM me here for phone number to answer questions and make reservations. Thanks!

Where is this in South Dakota?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 pm 
Field Grade

Central part. If you seriously want info it's easy to PM me then talk on the phone.Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:10 pm 
Field Grade

October 16-20 ---- 4 spots available -- $450 per person ***Two reserved

October 21-25 ---- 2 spots available -- $450 per person ***Four reserved

Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:54 pm 
Crown Grade

southdakbearfan wrote:
....It was done because of the severely low counts the past couple years caused many Non residents to cancel trips and reservations. Businesses were pissed off about the low counts, but in reality would you rather lose one years trip or piss everyone off and lose them forever, basically it’s a put your head in the sand move from a department that no longer utilizes biological research to craft its direction, but solely is interested in tourism and tax revenue it can generate short term, long term ramifications be damned.

Yes, it is a shame that SD has chosen a path of.....pick a pocket whilst one may.

If any bird populations experience cyclic downturns or true longterm slides, both need to be scientifically tracked and then accepted.....everywhere.
If not, if publicity and promotion win, then you may eventually experience yet another example of lost traditions as witnessed by many states.
Been there, lived that.
That the issue is impossible or difficult to address, arises from basic foundational changes due to Progress or even may affect someone's immediate billfold is second, imo, to a responsibility toward the habitat, critter or resource with which one has been tasked.

Granted, while the description of truly wild pheasants in SD can be an issue stemming from the intense business of "shooting"...these outfits do help supply artificial numbers and do generate habitat which might otherwise fall to the plow or dozer blade.
And, clearly, dogs certainly do not mind.
They would mind tho if a non-recoverable tipping point in populations is reached, for any of several reasons.
In fact, we all should mind...which is why SD's decision should raise more ire rather than simple silence.

A Habitat, Hunted and then the tourist Hunter focus......finds the soundest win-win route in keeping hunters happy and selling breakfasts.....long term.
Not to mention, keeping a grin on a birddog's mug.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:58 am 
Field Grade

October 16-20 ---- FULL

October 21-25 ---- FULL

November 27-Dec 1 ---- FULL

December dates are available and flexible. Keep in mind that December is excellent hunting as you will see lots of birds. Majority of crops will be out of the fields.

Thanks again for looking.