ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Are we discussing Remington bankruptcy yet?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:59 am 
Presentation Grade

How about the recent over-the-weekend news hitting the internet over Remington's bankruptcy? New development or simply a re-hash of old news? A simple Google will bring up many new articles. Tough times ahead for Remington?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:43 am 
Tournament Grade

I think there are 2 other threads about the Navajo Nation sale rumor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:56 am 
Crown Grade

Anyone care to change their previous answer??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'll stick with my previous post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dr Duk wrote:
Anyone care to change their previous answer??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm 
Presentation Grade

S.davis wrote:
I think there are 2 other threads about the Navajo Nation sale rumor.

Sorry, but I missed the 2 other threads. My bad... Seems to me the media is bringing this up as new information. Yes, I am aware the media only works for us when we dissect the truth out and love to cherry-pick ideas/facts to prove a point. However, I simply stopped by for all the gossip the folks on here bring up right along with some truth. Based on the reports I have read (take it with a grain of salt), Remington still shuffling the deck of cards when it comes to checks and balances. One report indicated the Sandy Hook Mass Shooting settlement was an issue and a financial burden on them along with other issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 am 
Tournament Grade

I just woke up........what day is it?

"Older than most, younger than some, lucky to still be here"............and I don't care what gun you shoot!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:05 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Today is Tuesday, all day.

Neither Sandy Hook nor any other mass shooting should be an issue for Remington as Congress enacted legislation to protect firearms manufacturers from such lawsuits. However, somehow plaintiff lawyers have managed to circumvent the law per the U.S. Supreme Court.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 am 
Presentation Grade

lossking wrote:

Neither Sandy Hook nor any other mass shooting should be an issue for Remington as Congress enacted legislation to protect firearms manufacturers from such lawsuits. However, somehow plaintiff lawyers have managed to circumvent the law per the U.S. Supreme Court.

Hmmm... I don't know Remington's checkbook balances, but I do know any legal defense is not free nor are legal settlements no matter which court appoints the hearings and proceedings. If it's true Remington filed Chapter 11 once in 2018 and now in 2020, this is rather trying times for the gun maker. On a side note, I think we all can agree the Sandy Hook proceedings are nothing, but a political arena to say the least. I would love to say more on it, but I do not want to be banned on this website.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:21 am 
Presentation Grade

lossking wrote:

The insanity of that is why aren't auto manufacturers sued every time one of their vehicles is in a crash, distilleries and breweries when a consumer causes harm to others along with any other product manufactured that would be used by a consumer and some (consumer based) mishap occur?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

https://time.com/5725068/sandy-hook-rem ... eme-court/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

In ordering some components for the (new to me) 870WM in 28 gauge a few minutes ago asked the CSR and he confirmed, Remington and the Navajo Nation are in talks for the tribe to buy them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

mea culpa wrote:
In ordering some components for the (new to me) 870WM in 28 gauge a few minutes ago asked the CSR and he confirmed, Remington and the Navajo Nation are in talks for the tribe to buy them.

Thanks for the update. I realize Chapter 11 is par for the course in some big corporate businesses since economic growth is risky with new innovation(s). Yep, so true. However, two Chapter 11s over a few years apart does sound like a shaky foundation influenced by internal and external forces (or both) within a company. Folks, times are changing and I am not sure it's always going to be for the best for us in the gun world. I do cringe thinking about the next time the liberals grab ahold of the House and the Presidency the same time. So sad when economic growth is encouraged in the USA for jobs and yet, it hangs in a delicate balance by survival influenced by moronic lawsuits, high taxations, political agendas, poor internal management, etc. Sad depressing day to hear about all this with Remington.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:59 pm 
Crown Grade

mea culpa wrote:

If it comes to pass, it should be fascinating. I`ve read where the Navajos would like to take Remington in a direction away from Armalite style guns for the general public consumption to an emphasis on producing guns for the military/law enforcement ( I guess they`re assuming we`ll have organized law enforcement! ) , hunting/sporting arms and "smart" guns. Can`t remember if it mentioned dedicated target guns. that doesn`t sound all bad to me, especially if they have some good business people that care about the company mixed with solid "gun people".

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

mea culpa wrote:

What's his name?

You're spouting complete nonsense. If you are thinking about filing Chapter 11, don't talk to law firms . . . well, just ask customer service. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you know who owns Remington? Hint: it isn't the employees and they know nothing about the matter, either way. He who tells does not know. He who knows does not tell.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
mea culpa wrote:

What's his name?

You're spouting complete nonsense. If you are thinking about filing Chapter 11, don't talk to law firms . . . well, just ask customer service. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you know who owns Remington? Hint: it isn't the employees and they know nothing about the matter, either way. He who tells does not know. He who knows does not tell.

Maybe some folks really don't give a sh%^ and may tell all by what they hear like we all do in gossip. Could it be possible this customer service rep is sleeping with a high-up board member getting the scoop? Who really knows......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
mea culpa wrote:

What's his name?

What’s his name? So you can out him to superiors for retribution? Are you the shotgun world cancel culture? If you are so hellbent upon destroying someone’s livelihood then use your connections at Remington to see which employee completed the PO for 28 gauge choke tubes. It’s probably not a high demand order item.

For the record, I asked the young man about the Navajo Nation being in discussion with Remington as a part of their second bankruptcy filing in two years. He responded affirmatively and further stated he could not discuss any details. I thanked him for his candor and wished only the best for him and his company.

Your total lack of business acumen is glaring as the bellwether action in ascertaining what the culture of a particular business actually consists of, is to ask the janitor. Your assertion of asking lawyers for anything further illustrates your lack of business lucidity. Ask three lawyers the same question and in ten minutes you’ll have fifteen different opinions.

I have continuously owned Remington firearms since 1969 and the current inventory is approaching twenty of them. If being critical of a company that you also own multiple products thereof is a sin, then sign me up but you might want to include most everyone else that has ever criticized the manufacturer of a product they own.

Pomposity and groupthink enforcers in social media are the domain of an authoritarian mindset.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

torybird wrote:
Maybe some folks really don't give a sh%^ and may tell all by what they hear like we all do in gossip. Could it be possible this customer service rep is sleeping with a high-up board member getting the scoop? Who really knows......

For those who don't know (and care), Remington is not owned by one individual or one company. Remington is owned primarily by banks: JP Morgan Asset Management and Franklin Templeton Investments and other former creditors. You have to have a whole lot of people from multiple firms to agree on anything . . . if there are "talks," there are whole pile of JP Morgan and Franklin Templeton executives talking with themselves and their law firms before anything at all happens.

If the banks / investment firms are looking to exit the firearms business through a restructuring of who holds the paper it will all be public and there will be no speculation at all.

"Chapter 11 bankruptcy is the most complex of all bankruptcy cases. It is also usually the most expensive form of a bankruptcy proceeding. For these reasons, a company must consider Chapter 11 reorganization only after careful analysis and exploration of all other possible alternatives.

During a Chapter 11 proceeding, the court will help a business restructure its debts and obligations. In most cases the firm remains open and operating. Many large U.S. companies file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and stay afloat. Such businesses include automobile giant General Motors, the airline United Airlines, and a very long list of other entities." It is a very long list, just so far this year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... cy_in_2020 .

Essentially all companies are for sale.

Just today, NPC International, the largest U.S. franchisee of Yum Brands’ Pizza Hut, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company operates more than 1,200 Pizza Huts and nearly 400 Wendy’s restaurants. In a note published Tuesday before the bankruptcy filing, Cowen analyst Andrew Charles estimated that Pizza Hut’s owner Yum Brands could lose up to $54.2 million of annualized royalty revenue.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:52 am 
Tournament Grade

mea culpa wrote:
RandyWakeman wrote:
mea culpa wrote:

What's his name?

What’s his name? So you can out him to superiors for retribution? Are you the shotgun world cancel culture? If you are so hellbent upon destroying someone’s livelihood then use your connections at Remington to see which employee completed the PO for 28 gauge choke tubes. It’s probably not a high demand order item.

For the record, I asked the young man about the Navajo Nation being in discussion with Remington as a part of their second bankruptcy filing in two years. He responded affirmatively and further stated he could not discuss any details. I thanked him for his candor and wished only the best for him and his company.

Your total lack of business acumen is glaring as the bellwether action in ascertaining what the culture of a particular business actually consists of, is to ask the janitor. Your assertion of asking lawyers for anything further illustrates your lack of business lucidity. Ask three lawyers the same question and in ten minutes you’ll have fifteen different opinions.

I have continuously owned Remington firearms since 1969 and the current inventory is approaching twenty of them. If being critical of a company that you also own multiple products thereof is a sin, then sign me up but you might want to include most everyone else that has ever criticized the manufacturer of a product they own.

Pomposity and groupthink enforcers in social media are the domain of an authoritarian mindset.

Well said.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:13 am 
Presentation Grade

RandyWakeman wrote:
torybird wrote:

For those who don't know (and care), Remington is not owned by one individual or one company. Remington is owned primarily by banks: JP Morgan Asset Management and Franklin Templeton Investments and other former creditors. You have to have a whole lot of people from multiple firms to agree on anything . . . if there are "talks," there are whole pile of JP Morgan and Franklin Templeton executives talking with themselves and their law firms before anything at all happens.

If the banks / investment firms are looking to exit the firearms business through a restructuring of who holds the paper it will all be public and there will be no speculation at all.

"Chapter 11 bankruptcy is the most complex of all bankruptcy cases. It is also usually the most expensive form of a bankruptcy proceeding. For these reasons, a company must consider Chapter 11 reorganization only after careful analysis and exploration of all other possible alternatives.

During a Chapter 11 proceeding, the court will help a business restructure its debts and obligations. In most cases the firm remains open and operating. Many large U.S. companies file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and stay afloat. Such businesses include automobile giant General Motors, the airline United Airlines, and a very long list of other entities." It is a very long list, just so far this year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... cy_in_2020 .

Essentially all companies are for sale.

Just today, NPC International, the largest U.S. franchisee of Yum Brands’ Pizza Hut, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company operates more than 1,200 Pizza Huts and nearly 400 Wendy’s restaurants. In a note published Tuesday before the bankruptcy filing, Cowen analyst Andrew Charles estimated that Pizza Hut’s owner Yum Brands could lose up to $54.2 million of annualized royalty revenue.

Randall, not sure why you are giving me your copy and paste history lesson on Remington and who owns them. All my post was mentioning was about a rep discussing knowledge of something he/she may know about Remington's possible sale. We all know how you are Randall. You like to argue or "puff up" your ego till you get the last word in... LOL, you may deny it, but not too hard to read in between the lines.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next