Shotgun Forum banner

Affinity

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  T-Pee 
#1 ·
How is everyone liking their Affinity ? Have you ran it in freezing rain and temps below 10 degrees ?

#3 ·
My son bought a plastic stock Affinity 12 gauge as his first gun and even used it for his seventh grade trap season, before he bought himself one of the new SKB Century IIIs. It cycled everything from magnum loads to 7/8 oz Federals. Our trap practices start in January so, yeah, some cold weather. One particularly awful trap meet was indeed in the freezing rain and it worked fine. It was nice having a plastic stock auto-loader which we could totally disassemble down to the smallest pin, and dry and re-lube. A full disassembly on the Affinity is very easy.

He did have some problems with the "Benelli click" with the bolt head not seating properly. I did some buffing and polishing with a dremel attachment on the barrel, where the bolt head lugs lock in, And then I started running it more "wet" with quite a bit of CLP in that spot. No problems after that.

Based on my son's good experience, I picked up a wood stocked version. It was OK. Mine also "clicked" until I did some polishing and got a couple thousand rounds through it. Mine also had a problem with the elevator occasionally not lifting a new shell up into place. The fit of the wood forearm was also lacking and it creaked and rattled a bit. Just last month I traded it off to put the money toward a Beretta a300 Sporting model - a much better gun.

I know that's kind of a mixed message above, but I'm not sure what you're really looking for. If you're seeking a gun for a lot of wet, cold weather I'd say a plastic stock Affinity would be a good choice just based on how easy it is to strip completely down to clean. When cleaning after wet use, I'd blast out the trigger assembly with something like Hornady One Shot that doesn't leave oily goo behind, but run the bolt a little more more oily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.