ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bio 28ga wads
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

Anyone tried these ? OXO-BIO PC28 Downrange bio wads ????

DL

Post subject: Re: Bio 28ga wads
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:35 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

Not much response so far. I can’t reply specifically to your question about those wads, but I’ve used lots of the non-bio 28 ga wad and Kevin sent me some pre-release DRV-20 Bio wads to try. I’ve had issues with the yellow DRV-20 so Kevin sent me some of the then new bios to try. I found no difference in the performance between the two. Based on that, I see no reason for there to be any difference between the two different resin 28 ga wads either. The real only unknown is what effect time will have on the bios. Out in the great outdoors they are supposed to disintegrate in about two years I think it is, the resin is corn based product. How do they act in the bag or in my loaded shells over say a 20 or 30 year time frame? Yes, I do have shells I loaded back in the ‘60s. They still work just fine.

BP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 am 
Diamond Grade

Ten years ago or so bios were talked about a lot. Many thought they self destructed like the mission impossible tapes. They need UV light and time to do that. Haven’t heard much about them in awhile I would love to see them in wide use especially for waterfowl loads.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:26 am 
Diamond Grade

Never tried the 28ga bio wads, but have shot a couple cases of 12ga. Seem to work fine. Also don’t degrade in storage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:45 am 
Presentation Grade

Just wondering with Gamebore and Eley on top of the Bio-wad game if these wads compare as
they ( with Moisture ) decompose in a matter of hours ? They're vegetable composed wads !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:09 am 
Presentation Grade

Thanks for the reply’s. Ive been shooting high volume with my daughter for a few months now and I’m now starting to see the wads in the field so bios sound like a good option. Plus they are brown and may blend in better than red.

DL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

Their distributor in Texas hasn’t had any luck in getting DR products. Who does everyone use to purchase ?

And no reply’s from my email questions sent to DR.

Don

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:18 pm 
Field Grade

I talked to Kevin at DR last week about the Bio wads and he said they would not have any until Sept.
One of the ingredients in the plastic is tough to get due to Covid 19