Shotgun Forum banner

Benelli Performance Shop

10K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  lossking 
#1 ·
I have never tried any of the Benelli Performance Shop models of shotguns, but own a SBE2, M2 20 ga and a Benelli Supersport 12 ga and have been pleased with each one. I was speaking with a gentleman who has the SS performance shop edition in 12 & 20 ga and he was saying how the upgrades are so worth it....anyway I noticed the weighted cap, bolt release etc etc and of course I looked up the rest. Does all the extras really make a difference, as my current Benellis run like tops and break clays, and knock down ducks & geese just fine. I'm not looking to sell anything and rush over and buy the performance shop models, just seeking some real world input.....

#2 ·
Redsoilreaper said:
I was speaking with a gentleman who has the SS performance shop edition in 12 & 20 ga and he was saying how the upgrades are so worth it
Somebody must think a nearly $3000 plastic inertia gun is "worth it." https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/sup ... p-shotguns

It is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. The base SS has a $2,199 MSRP. There is no way a plastic $2200 inertia gun should need any upgrade.

#3 ·
If these features speak to you, you can add them after market for less $. Just work with Briley directly. Enlarged bolt release on clays or hunting would be nice. I find extended bolt handles to get in the way on hunting guns especially in a layout blind. Weighted cap is easy to buy and add if you want more weight forward. Chokes are chokes for the most part unless you get into turkey hunting where certain aftermarket ones are proven to pattern tighter in open class turkey shoots.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Isn't marketing wonderful? Randy, I agree with you that a $2200 gun shouldn't need upgrades. I was wondering about the upgraded trigger,like Dr.Duk has mentioned, but I will state that I have no issues with any of mine. They all work when I need them too. I have in the past bought a Briley weighted cap for my A400 28 gauge and it was a nicer swing in my opinion.

#9 ·
RandyWakeman said:
Redsoilreaper said:
Thanks for the replies. Isn't marketing wonderful? Randy, I agree with you that a $2200 gun shouldn't need upgrades. I was wondering about the upgraded trigger
What upgraded trigger is that?
My bad, i thought that they came with an upgraded trigger. I have no complaints with my SuperSport, or the SBE2 or the M2.

#10 ·
RandyWakeman said:
Redsoilreaper said:
I was speaking with a gentleman who has the SS performance shop edition in 12 & 20 ga and he was saying how the upgrades are so worth it
Somebody must think a nearly $3000 plastic inertia gun is "worth it." https://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/sup ... p-shotguns

It is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. The base SS has a $2,199 MSRP. There is no way a plastic $2200 inertia gun should need any upgrade.
We all know you hate Benelli's so why don't you keep your opinions to yourself and go hang out in the Retay forum. Oh wait, they don't have one. And for the record, the weighted cap and oversized controls are upgrades that make the gun more user friendly. Some people dont' want that stuff so why should they be standard when it might cause a loss of a sale.

OP. If you really want to try a Performance shop SS and have the money, go for it because you only live once. Personally, I would just buy a standard SS and put the Briley parts on myself and save a few bucks, but I like to tinker with my guns. Some people don't like to tinker and that's why the Performance center exists, same with all other companies performances centers.

#12 ·
Over the years Randy has repeatedly stated that an M2 is one of his favorite pheasant guns. So where does the "hate" come from? Bad reviews of guns that don't shoot to point of aim? Well deserved in my book.

#13 ·
casonet said:
Over the years Randy has repeatedly stated that an M2 is one of his favorite pheasant guns. So where does the "hate" come from? Bad reviews of guns that don't shoot to point of aim? Well deserved in my book.
I guess I haven't been here as long as some but every time I see Randy post a comment in a Benelli thread it's negative, it's always they kick too much(it's an intertia gun)the wood is fake on the UL, those upgrades cost too much(might be but nobody is forcing you to buy the performance shop model). Besides, this isn't the Opinion forum it's the Benelli lovers forum. All he had to say was that it would be a better value to buy a standard SS and add the upgrades yourself. But instead he just flat out says that the Performance Shop SS is a waste of money because a $2000 gun shouldn't need and upgrade, well maybe some people dont' want to tinker and want a gun ready to go out of the box with the upgrades and are happy to pay the extra.

I agree that benelli has problems with the SBE3 and the 828 but the rest of their stuff is GTG.

#17 ·
gunner76 said:
RandyWakeman said:
gunner76 said:
We all know you hate Benelli's

No one
knows that. Primarily because it isn't true and never has been. If you think I get emotional over man-made products, you're off a couple of bubbles.
I've seen you get pretty defensive over negative comments on Retay shotguns so maybe I'm not the only one "off a couple bubbles"
Agree

#18 ·
casonet said:
My M2's shoot to point of aim, as did three Vinci's, as does my SBE2, and several Franchi's. Someone really must be intentionally ignoring numerous reviews of these four models. The only 'bad' review would be one that isn't accurate. What they do is what they do.

#19 ·
RandyWakeman said:
casonet said:
My M2's shoot to point of aim, as did three Vinci's, as does my SBE2, and several Franchi's. Someone really must be intentionally ignoring numerous reviews of these four models. The only 'bad' review would be one that isn't accurate. What they do is what they do.
Doesn't sound like a man who hates Benellis...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.