ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 828U Sporting
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:38 pm 
Utility Grade

oyeme wrote:
And a footnote. The 828U Sport is a good gun with some weaknesses that seem unfixable.

1) Failure to strike the primer - just a click and that's it.
2) Failure to eject spent cases

The importer here in UK (GMK) seems unable to fix. Avoid the 828U Sport - it is, sadly, a lemon.

It's a good gun, just doesn't always fire the shell and, if it does, doesn't always eject the empty. Other than that...

Thank you for that clarification on what you consider a "good" gun. We will just have to disagree on the definition of a "good" gun. I consider any gun that is not 100% reliable with quality factory ammo as anything but "good". The fact that the failures are not fixable; makes it far from a "good" gun IMO. Maybe for a cheap gun that has been worn out but certainly not for what those 828U Sportings sell. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Take care.[/quote]

I wasn't serious, o, per the laughing faces at the end of my post and agree that 100% reliability is mandatory. I wouldn't want an 828 if it was free.[/quote]

Got it! Sorry but I am bit thick sometimes. :?[/quote]

Maybe I should have substituted 'good' for 'promising', no escaping the fact that Benelli didn't finish the thing before putting it on sale.

Post subject: Re: 828U Sporting
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 am 
Field Grade

kuffs06 wrote:
Looks like it just wasn’t closed all the way. I hated the field 828 as it was too light and recoil was ridiculous. I must say this one looks and seems like it should be better but at $5000 Canadian dollars plus tax, it’s too much money to take a chance on it
$$1600 more than a 725!

The 828 field model with the nickel receiver was the worst recoiling o/u I have ever shot. For comparison, I have owned every gauge of the original Win 101 at some point and multiple configurations of the 12 gauge and they are/were a joy to shoot compared to the 828. Just my two cents.