ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weatherby Element
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:28 pm 
Field Grade

Does anyone have any experience with these that they would be willing to share? Looking at getting one soon. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Weatherby Element
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Randy Wakeman did a complete review of one of these. If you go to his website you can read it. As I recall he thought it was a good value.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:26 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have the Element Deluxe in 20 ga., and after some initial cycling issues (had to use a hotter load during break in) it's performed like a champ. In fact, I'll be using it this very morning for a local clay shoot. The fit and finish are superb, and the ease of take-down and cleaning can't be beat. Being a dedicated Benelli user, the platform of the Element is pretty much exactly the same. I would have no problem buying the same gun in 12 ga., should the need arise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:39 pm 
Utility Grade

I purchased a Weatherby element waterfowler in 12 ga. about 16 months ago. Since then I have used it as my primary sporting clays gun, taken it out west multiple times to hunt snow geese, and I even shot a deer with buckshot this past November. In total I have about 2500 rounds through and it has performed flawlessly. It cycles everything from 1oz target loads up to three inch magnum bb waterfowl loads without issue. In my opinion a great gun for the money.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:19 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks all for the feedback- I am pulling the pin on one now, was also looking at the CZ1012, but there isnt a whole lot of info on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:09 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

>>was also looking at the CZ1012<<

I can't speak for all of them, but one of my shooting buddies bought one of these and has had more FTF and/or FTE problems than you can imagine. He's about ready to cut his losses and trade it for something more reliable.