ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maxus on its way back to Browning
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Just shipped my Maxus Sporting Carbon Fibre back to Browning for the recall on the stock, I sure hope they do it right, and I don't end up with a hodge podge mismatched mess. Has anyone sent theirs in and gotten it back?

cdb

Post subject: Re: Maxus on its way back to Browning
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:24 pm 
Crown Grade

Please post on how it looks upon return--thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

What is wrong with the stock on the Maxus? I don't see anything about a recall on the Browning website.

"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give."Thomas Jefferson, 1788

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ThrowAway wrote:
What is wrong with the stock on the Maxus? I don't see anything about a recall on the Browning website.

The duracoat finish is deteriorating and they are replacing them all, along with the Winchester shotgun stocks and forend.

cdb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:03 am 
Tournament Grade

cdb1097 wrote:
ThrowAway wrote:

The duracoat finish is deteriorating and they are replacing them all, along with the Winchester shotgun stocks and forend.

cdb

I see. I hadn’t heard anything about it until your thread. I hope they make it right and that we get to see the results when your gun returns. {hs#

"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give."Thomas Jefferson, 1788

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Maxus came back today, it looks great, black stock with the carbon Fibre dip, looks identical to what it looked like when it was new. I am very pleased with how it turned out and it lost .2 ounces in weight to boot :!: :D :D :D

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Took it out SC shooting today, it handles just like it did before the stock switch, shot 89/100, so right around my usual. Happy camper :!: :!: :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

Glad to hear they took care of you!