ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi AL48 Ducks Unlimited 28G
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 pm 
Utility Grade

I stumbled on a Franchi AL48 Ducks Unlimited 28G this evening....not expecting to find this shotgun in the gun store I was in!

I'm not familiar with this shotgun, so I'm hoping you guys can help educate me. The gun is used, no box/no case/no extra chokes. Currently has an extended skeet choke.

My first question, what choke system does this shotgun have? Secondly, how dependable is this shotgun in regards to cycling? I intend to use quality ammo that is capable of cycling this shotgun.

The shotgun is used, but in decent shape, estimated at 75%-85%, no bluing issues, stock and forend are in good shape. What should someone expect to pay for this firearm?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Post subject: Re: Franchi AL48 Ducks Unlimited 28G
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am 
Crown Grade

The 28 gauge Franchi 48AL is a very dependable shotgun.I have had one for quite a few years now and although it does not get the use like it did in the past,I have never had a problem with mine.Even when I put some very poor looking hand loads through it.

My gun uses Beretta style chokes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:13 pm 
Field Grade

I like mine for upland hunting because it is light. Mine also is very dependable even with reloads. You’ll need to spend some time practicing unloading the magazine. Simply pulling the action bolt back and forth will not unload the magazine. Beretta chokes will work. It uses recoil action to cycle the bolt just like an Auto 5 Browning. That means the barrel slides back into the action about 3” to eject the spent hull and reload a fresh round.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

Great shotgun! I have the Deluxe versions in 28ga and 20ga. and they're big favorites of mine.

They are very dependable but you need to know how the recoil system operates, how to adjust it and proper maintenance to insure reliable operation. Contact Franchi to get an owner's manual... it would be very helpful. If you happen to have experience with the Browning Auto 5, you should be pretty familiar with it's operation already.

It most likely will use Beretta Mobil Choke tubes.