ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perazzi HT vs all others
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:40 pm 
Limited Edition

Gentleman,

I would appreciate your opinions on the diference of the high tech vs the other perazzi's - MX8 MX12 et al.
Assuming same specs. are there balance diferences , weight ?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Perazzi HT vs all others
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

None. It is all marketing.

I have an MX 8 SC3. and an MX 2000. There is NOTHING that my High Tech does that the other 2 do not do. The main difference to me is the shape of the High Tech grip. The SC3 and the MX 2000 have more comfortable grips. Of course, this is not the gun's fault and could be fixed w/ a more custom stock. All three have 32 inch bbls , and they weigh between 8/4 lbs and 8/15.

My wife likes her Hi Tech "Elle" b/c it is lighter and fits here better than her SC3. Again not the "gun's" fault.

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:59 pm 
Field Grade

Do you want more weight in the receiver or not?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:14 pm 
Field Grade

I have an MX8, and MX2000 (8) a basic HiTech and a fancy HiTech. One one hand, Sera is exactly right. They are all quality guns.

The problem comes in the comparisons.

Here's a theory: It takes some skill and some experience to know what you actually want in a Perazzi, and comparisons are less easy, and certainly less easy than are comparisons with guns offering fewer options.

I like the HITech forearm. I like it better than the MX8 forearm. Does that make it better? I don't think so. (Any more than I think Sera's experience makes it worse.)

I have less confidence shooting my MX8 after a couple of years shooting the HiTech. They have different weights and feel, which could simply be the different specs. I assume if I switched back for real, that would go away.

Perazzis are quality guns with a ballpark feel. There are other brands with that characteristic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Henri-- I do not see the Hi Tech as an upgrade. The recv'r weighs about 1-2 ozs more. Also I see nothing wrong w/ it either.

My SC 3 had the best fit out of the box and I have adjusted my adjustable combs on the other 2 guns to match the SC 3 as closely as possible. I will--one day--have the stock altered to make the pistol grip on the HT the same as the one on the MX 2000 which is the best of the three.

YMMV

Our prentice Tom may now refuse
To wipe his scoundrel master's shoes
For now he's free to sing and play
O'er the hills and far away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:24 pm 
Limited Edition

I own an MX8 and a MT6,along with a high tech 33" American flag edition. I do feel the additional weight in the receiver contributes to a straight back recoil sensation versus some muzzle jump with the others. Others who have shot it state the same. My high tech weighs in at 8 lbs, 10 ounces and barrels weigh 1.570 kg. with Briley thin walls installed.

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:36 pm 
Limited Edition

Hi,
Thank you all for the input. I was considering a used P ( high tech) vs ordering a new Mx8 or Mx2000. I leaned to the new gun -spec wise- as the used option had some things that I didn't want plus the new stock design that I hate... Price was also a factor, the high tech was not that far from a new mx8/mx12- although it did had better wood as it was a higher grade than the standard mx black action.
Anyway, I think I'll wait a bit more to see if what I want comes to market or take the plunge for a new mx before they cease production as I believe they will.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:26 am 
Tournament Grade

Boys all that I can tell you, is that I DEFINITELY LOVE MY HIGH TECH SPORTING P STICK, and is definitely a keeper.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 pm 
Limited Edition

I also own or have owned a MX8, MX 2000 and now a HT. As far as an investment goes, I would purchase the HT again. Yes it is 'mostly' marketing. That being said it is the latest model. It will hold its value better than the previous models. I like mine and I love my MX8. I shoot the HT 99% of the time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:27 pm 
Field Grade

Perazzi doesn't make a "standard" gun so it's almost pointless to compare any 2. As others have said, Perazzi's are made with different barrel lengths, different weights, different bore diameters, different grip angles. widths, lengths,..... If you bought the gun from a dealer's inventory, then you got what the dealer ordered and thinks will sell since Perazzi's are always made to order and not "spec" guns. That being said, 99% of current Perazzis share one of 4 "standard" receivers: the HT and the MX8 and their 2 fixed trigger variants. The HT has a thicker receiver width than the MX8 version at the rear and out to the side fences, and the area at the hinge pins going forward is unchanged to allow the use of the same forend irons for all Perazzi models. This adds more weight to the receiver vs MX8 receivers and also makes stocks not interchangeable between the HT and MX8 since the heads are different. That's it, no other comparisons are generally valid since everything else is made to order.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:05 am 
Tournament Grade

I have a HT and love it, I have the coil hammer springs and the gun was fit by Muro, I wish I could have afforded it earlier in my shooting career....I have had the opportunity to shoot most of the others and nothing felt as good as this gun, for me.

Casey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm 
Diamond Grade

the comment about Perazzi not having a standard gun rings true to me although i'm not an owner. i've shouldered more than a couple P guns at my LGS and out of a dozen i doubt i'd find two that feel alike.