ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best place to buy CZ Bobwhite G2?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:52 am 
Field Grade

I'm looking to buy a new 20 ga Bobwhite but can't find one in stock locally. Any suggestions as to a good, reliable place to order one? I know I could just try a Gunbroker seller but trying to avoid a bad experience!
Any tips appreciated,
Thanks,
Jed

Post subject: Re: Best place to buy CZ Bobwhite G2?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:31 am 
Tournament Grade

I had a successful purchase experience with GrabAGun a few months ago. They are in Texas...I don't know where you are.

Some retailers are charging sales tax even in States where they do not have an office, so be aware of that in your shopping. One wouldn't sell to me at all, since they hadn't completed their paperwork with Texas.

This MIGHT be it.
https://grabagun.com/cz-cz-bobwhite-g2-sxs-20-28.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Buds Gunshop https://www.budsgunshop.com/search.php/ ... s/manu/407 has 12 ga and 20 ga Bobwhites in stock. Their prices are pretty good and easy to deal with.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:57 pm 
Utility Grade

They are currently on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse, and they order theirs with case hardening, very nice. I shoot one in 20 gauge, and love it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:04 pm 
Field Grade

Austringer wrote:
They are currently on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse, and they order theirs with case hardening, very nice. I shoot one in 20 gauge, and love it.

Well this did it for me! I just ordered one and so did my son-in-law. Can’t wait to see them! Do you know if the barrels on these are blued or chrome-coated? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:05 am 
Crown Grade

dawgvet wrote:
Austringer wrote:

Well this did it for me! I just ordered one and so did my son-in-law. Can’t wait to see them! Do you know if the barrels on these are blued or chrome-coated? Thanks.

I believe you'll find that they're black chrome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:15 pm 
Utility Grade

Congratulations!

Yes, they are black chrome, I really can't tell a difference, it is said to be more durable. I am a one shotgun kind of guy, and use the ones I have for everything from quail to geese, so they get used pretty hard. Durable is good! I want this one to last many, many, years.

The only complaint I have read from people about this gun is the trigger pull on some guns. I'm not picky about that, so I'm not a good judge in that regard. When the stock hits my shoulder the trigger goes off, it's clearly not too heavy to prevent that from happening.

I hope you two enjoy yours as much as I do mine, I couldn't be happier.

Marc