ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Bird guns?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Dam Dave, how many guns do you own? I have so many SXS shotguns it gives me a complex trying to figure which one I want to shoot & you have me beat by a mile! It must be great owning all those nice guns. You must be single! I would probably have more if I didn't have 5 boats but I'm keeping my wife as long as she will put up with me. I asked her one time why she put up with me & she said, "I have a habit of picking up strays."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:15 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks Dave. =)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you are ever in the market for doubles, the Olathe Gun Shop, Olathe, KS had over two thousand in the showroom: everything from cased English best guns all the way down to beaters. The place is right next door to Simmons.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:09 pm 
Limited Edition

...NOW we know where Dave lives.... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:48 pm 
Diamond Grade

In my 70's now so just two, a Ithaca Nitro 12GA and a Winchester SXP camo 12GA which replaced my old 1200.........I'm just a poor farmer.

"shoot what ya like, like what ya shoot".....it's that simple!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:15 pm 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
If you are ever in the market for doubles, the Olathe Gun Shop, Olathe, KS had over two thousand in the showroom: everything from cased English best guns all the way down to beaters. The place is right next door to Simmons.
That's where my LC Smith came from.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

For my upland needs I currently have three Beretta 68x series field guns, 12/20/28 gauges and Benelli Legacy 12/20 gauges. I had a few Caesar Guerini's and Browning's in the past but they all went on down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:31 am 
Presentation Grade

geometric,

I do own a few Classic American & German Best double guns, most of which have been passed down to me thru our family. A few I have purchased over the years and others that had been stolen from my Great Grandfathers home, I have recovered with the help of the internet and some friends who also collect L.C. Smith guns.

I have what I consider a small collection of fine guns and a few modern guns also.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

Last edited by Pine Creek/Dave on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:03 pm 
Crown Grade

I didn't say that in an antagonistic vane! I was just flabbergasted by all those beautiful guns you have! I'm jealous!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

geometric,

No offense taken, just adding to the conversation. Thanks for the complement on my guns.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10