ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 16 GA. ON WILD PHEASANTS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:50 pm 
Limited Edition

painter* wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
geometric,

If you want a Huglu ( Parent Company of CZ) 16 gauge Ken Graft at Shooting Stars has a nice one for sale in his shop, beautiful Euro model gun with light engraving DT, Chrome Lined Barrels and Euro swivels. I almost purchased the gun myself, until he found a pre 13 L.C. Smith 20 gauge for me.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Huglu in Turkey is not the parent company of CZ in the Czech Republic.

CZ-UB contracts with Huglu, and other Turk manufacturers, to produce shotguns.

I'm thinking its more like CZ contracts various Turkish manufacturers to make shotgun parts for them and then they assemble said pieces into guns and sell those guns as their own.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:28 pm 
Crown Grade

DeanMk wrote:
painter* wrote:
Pine Creek/Dave wrote:
geometric,

If you want a Huglu ( Parent Company of CZ) 16 gauge Ken Graft at Shooting Stars has a nice one for sale in his shop, beautiful Euro model gun with light engraving DT, Chrome Lined Barrels and Euro swivels. I almost purchased the gun myself, until he found a pre 13 L.C. Smith 20 gauge for me.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Huglu in Turkey is not the parent company of CZ in the Czech Republic.

CZ-UB contracts with Huglu, and other Turk manufacturers, to produce shotguns.

I'm thinking its more like CZ contracts various Turkish manufacturers to make shotgun parts for them and then they assemble said pieces into guns and sell those guns as their own.

I don't think so. The guns are made in Turkey, marked as CZ and shipped to either the Czech Republic, or CZ-USA.

CZ doesn't make shotguns. They make rifles and pistols, and do a great job at it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:39 pm 
Limited Edition

...that means I should be able to find the same gun, under a Turkish label....hmm...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:45 pm 
Crown Grade

Dave,
Thanks for the tip but the 16 ga. SXS is still a ways down the line on my "want" list. There are a couple other things that have to happen before that can happen!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:26 am 
Diamond Grade

DeanMk wrote:
...that means I should be able to find the same gun, under a Turkish label....hmm...

Yes, Huglu is the name you'd look for. I don't know if there are any importers other than CZ at this time but there were 3 or 4 others in the past selling essentially the same guns with only cosmetic differences.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:31 am 
Crown Grade

Having owned a wheel barrel full of 16 gauge guns of different types; I no longer have that urge. I just don't. However, if someone was to gift me the one shown in the link below, I would definitely go back to being an aficionado of the 16.

Also, your name would be venerated in my household for generations to come!

PM me for address and FFL info and THANK YOU SO MUCH! :B3

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101496774

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:21 pm 
Limited Edition

FlyChamps wrote:
DeanMk wrote:

Yes, Huglu is the name you'd look for. I don't know if there are any importers other than CZ at this time but there were 3 or 4 others in the past selling essentially the same guns with only cosmetic differences.

I've got a sneakin' suspicion that most of your economically priced shotguns on the market come from Turkey, whether they say so or not.
I know the infamous Hatfield $99 Walmart shotgun is actually a Hatsan Optima.
I think the Stevens 555 O/U is actually a KOFS O/U.
...every shotgun offered by Stoeger...etc., etc....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:03 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a sneaking feeling that you are right! That is where the cheap labor is, or at least one of the places & they also have some talent for making guns. I would also venture a guess that the quality of the gun is directly proportional to the quality of the quality control. I suspect CZ has a lot of influence on that!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:08 pm 
Limited Edition

geometric wrote:
I have a sneaking feeling that you are right! That is where the cheap labor is, or at least one of the places & they also have some talent for making guns. I would also venture a guess that the quality of the gun is directly proportional to the quality of the quality control. I suspect CZ has a lot of influence on that!

...and I would venture that YOU are correct, as well!
Its an unusual mix of good craftsmanship at an economical price.
I think, in the US, we're so used to super inflated prices, and getting nothing for something, that we just can't believe it when such a deal comes along.....there has to be some catch, somewhere.
However, the QC obviously isn't there, as well. So the instance of getting a lemon goes up...and maybe, that's the catch.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:49 am 
Crown Grade

DeanMk wrote:

...and if you want something other than a break action you'd look for something produced by Akkar. I believe they make the pumps and semi's for CZ.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:01 pm 
Field Grade

I use a 16 gauge often on wild pheasants. The best load is the Hevi Bismuth Waterfowl in a #4. I can take any pheasant that the 12 gauge boys can using the Hevi Bismuth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:02 pm 
Limited Edition

Berettahunter's on it!
I'd completely forgotten about Hevi-Shot.
Your post just urged me to take a peek at their website.
WOW! Hevi-Bismuth Waterfowl load is no joke!
1 1/8 oz. of 2,4 or 6 @ 1350!
My preference is for #6's, but regardless of shot size, that's a GREAT pheasant load!

Thanks BH! -b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:49 am 
Crown Grade

GMO crops must be doing a number on pheasants these days....appears much like MMA folks getting bulked up, when one reads many of the posts here.

Almost makes a fella afraid to knock the frost from the switch, feel the wind that left Canada a few days ago or see the country ahead roll like ocean waves....almost.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7