ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feed Problem
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:32 am 
Utility Grade

I have a Model 1400 MkII that I bought in 1970. SN# is N473xxx. The gun has not been used much and has been stored after encountering a operating problem. I have Googled this issue but haven't had much success.

The gun will not feed shells from the tube. I manually cycled a snap cap from the breech and the next round did not leave the tube. I am unsure of the mechanism that releases and then moves the next round up into the breech and what might be broken there to prevent that.

I have not attempted to load and fire the gun manually. I used the snap cap to verify that the firing pin strikes the shell when the trigger is pulled.

The gun has sentimental value and for that reason I want to get it fixed.

Any and all suggestions much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Feed Problem
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Question regarding the forearm...the three spacers that I see in some schematics appear to be missing. Not sure if the Mk2 used spacers or not. Are they necessary?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

What type of ammo are you trying? My model 12 hangs up with Federal’s and estates but does not with Winchester AAs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:11 pm 
Utility Grade

southdakbearfan wrote:
What type of ammo are you trying? My model 12 hangs up with Federal’s and estates but does not with Winchester AAs.

I haven't tried to fire the gun so I can't answer that. Sorry!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

I wouldn’t trust a plastic snap cap to reflect how a gun will feed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Happy to report that after putting in a new trigger assembly, the gun operated flawlessly today at the range.