ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sub Gauge Tubes For My Cynergy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:19 am 
Limited Edition

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has tubed their Cynergy. I have a the Sporting with 32" barrels and feel that it would be smarter to tube it (probably Briley Ultralights) than buy a bunch of different guns. I have Müller chokes which made the gun a sweet handling clay cruncher. The Cynergy also already has mechanical triggers so that saves a couple of bucks.

I have a Weatherby Athena Skeet Master with tubes and the weight doesn't seem to be an issue for me, but that has 28" barrels.

Anyone have experience with the Cynergy and tubes?

Thanks

Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Sub Gauge Tubes For My Cynergy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:22 pm 
Limited Edition

I had a Cinergy with 32" barrels that i used Briley ultra lite Companion tubes in it and that is when i found out that the short ejectors worked in it better than the long ones did so i ordered a set of replacement ejectors from briley. It was a little barrel heavy so i added weight to the stock and it worked out good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:49 am 
Limited Edition

Thanks for the info. I was a little concerned about it becoming nose heavy. It's not a gun you want to start with a carried barrel, as the tubes will pretty much match the money I paid for the gun.

What did you use for weights? Mine is wood, is yours?

Thanks

Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pm 
Limited Edition

Yes mine was wood and i used shotgun shells filled with lead to balance it out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:54 am 
Utility Grade

I tubed my Cynergy too with fitted tubes and worked very well. I sent to Briley and they fitted to a spare 30” barrel! Weight was similar to 32” without tubes! Better to find another 30” barrel and forend for the tubes! The 32” is too heavy! Great gun and triggers are crisp and don’t need modifications for .410.