ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:20 am 
Field Grade

If one has an inquiring mind, the answer is readily available.....think ICTSA and the clouds will lift.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 am 
Utility Grade

"But, he didn’t kill anyone, and the only one to suffer any consequences because of it are himself."

Well except for the shooter who didn't make the super final because he was cheated out of his rightful place.

Last edited by donoshei on Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:54 am 
Utility Grade

"This is bigger than Hurstiwaite....Why the Non disclosure? He had some help or there would be no need for a Non-disclosure....Someplace out there, someone else is being covered up for....some cheater....something that would embarrass the wrong people....."

My understanding is the the NDA was demanded by BH's lawyers to avoid costly litigation over the punishment. In other words, if I accept punishment and you don't publicly embarrass me I won't waste your members money on litigation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

He's competing under the Irish Clay Target Shooting Association.

Youtube

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:15 pm 
Field Grade

Correct....And the Brit CPSA honors the Irish members...However, he is not eligible for prizes or money in CPSA tournaments...

Talked with a couple shooters today about the situations and received two different reasons for his banning and one shooter didn't know about it..Another mentioned, "Who here hasn't had an erasure on a card done by a ref...We all had....From here anyway, I don't know exactly what happened, and until it comes out officially, the governing powers have made their decision and I'm sure he will be back in all the organizations in the coming year.

The Brit CPSA took away his British eligibility, but still allows him to compete if he is a member of the Irish
ICTSA. The CPSA has always honored the Irish organizations members in good standing, but here they have one of their own who has been made ineligible at home, but let the ICTSA membership override his home organization penalty....Odd, there may be more to this than most of us think we know. Seems like the Brits made a compromise to accommodate what they may have thought was an unnecessary penalty...

Addition: If we find out the other top shooters willingly take him back into the fold...It will confirm that perhaps there is much more to the story....Another thunk...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:02 pm 
Utility Grade

Just had a notification that’s the subscription page uploaded a new video. And as before this is seriously worth watching. BH competing around at a major event in the UK and filmed the whole round with a borrowed gun

https://subscribe.benhusthwaite.co.uk/p ... etta-world

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Classof78 wrote:
Just had a notification that’s the subscription page uploaded a new video. And as before this is seriously worth watching. BH competing around at a major event in the UK and filmed the whole round with a borrowed gun

What’s your connection with BH?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 pm 
Limited Edition

I don’t have a horse in this race. And I am usually not this easy on a person. I guess it is possible that the scorer erased and changed the score. Would be nice to know all the info before forming an opinion one way or another. We will never know I suspect.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:47 am 
Utility Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
Classof78 wrote:

What’s your connection with BH?

No connection sir,

I just know there was more than meets the eye so I’ll keep an open mind. As a Brit now living here I stay in touch with lots of people back home, I was sent these videos and they are hands down the best on the internet by a stretch.

Smoke and mirrors as we say

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 am 
Presentation Grade

Bull$””t. The guys shady and so are you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 am 
Diamond Grade

Have to agree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 pm 
Crown Grade

The Swanny wrote:
I don’t have a horse in this race. And I am usually not this easy on a person. I guess it is possible that the scorer erased and changed the score. Would be nice to know all the info before forming an opinion one way or another. We will never know I suspect.

No decision for Shoot management is more difficult than disqualifying a shooter for cheating. No club has a finer reputation than Northbrook. They disqualified a well known shooter at last year’s World English and his scores were expunged. Whatever decisions or actions were taken by the NSCA, CSPA or anyone else have not changed that fact. It isn’t just possible, it is a reality. Those are facts. What else do you need to know? Do you think Shoot management at Northbrook disqualified him without sufficient proof? That’s just being in denial.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:37 pm 
Crown Grade

drawdc wrote:
The Swanny wrote:

No decision for Shoot management is more difficult than disqualifying a shooter for cheating. No club has a finer reputation than Northbrook. They disqualified a well known shooter at last year’s World English and his scores were expunged. Whatever decisions or actions were taken by the NSCA, CSPA or anyone else have not changed that fact. It isn’t just possible, it is a reality. Those are facts. What else do you need to know? Do you think Shoot management at Northbrook disqualified him without sufficient proof? That’s just being in denial.

Bingo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 pm 
Utility Grade

drawdc wrote:
The Swanny wrote:

No but what I am saying is we don’t know what for. And whatever they did or didn’t do the governing bodies didn’t back them. Terrible situation all round.

But this I posted for his world class instructional videos not to open any wounds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am 
Presentation Grade

Boomhand wrote:
Bull$””t. The guys shady and so are you.

And you have no problem rubbing it into everyones face for free exposure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Class of 78 ,
Could I point out that the video you posted is not an instructional video!
It is a self promotion video , which Ben is especially good at .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 am 
Field Grade

Rooster booster wrote:
drawdc wrote:
The Swanny wrote:

Bingo.

Far from bingo, since we don't know the why..Was he DQ'd because of cheating? Was he DQ'd because of unprofessional conduct on the course?

As far as the card, at any major shoot you can easily find cards that have erasures for a number of issues..after the cards have been turned it. Trapper error and correction being a couple..

Many here are openly accusing him of cheating when the actual reason for the DQ has never been revealed. Has Northbrook came out and said he was cheating or just DQ'd from the shoot for other reasons..

At a recent shoot some were observed cheating on the 50 Bird prelim course..As far as I know they are still members in good standing of the State and National organization and no further action is being taken.

Who here definitively knows why he was DQ'd and can back it up with proof? Clue us all in...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:27 am 
Crown Grade

Sorry, I feel it’s pretty straight forward, and drawdc summed it up very well. This ain’t a homicide investigation, and you ain’t Perry Mason.

He was caught, it was looked into, they dq’d him, the end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 am 
Crown Grade

Amazing that some people on here are quick to excuse some behavior at shoots but are quick to reach a decision based on heresay and anecdotal evidence. Remember the NSCA and the accused signed a NDA. Doesn't sound like a strong case for either. The NSSA doesn't want to get involved in NSCA problems.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:53 am 
Diamond Grade

Battue0626 wrote:

Far from bingo, since we don't know the why..Was he DQ'd because of cheating? Was he DQ'd because of unprofessional conduct on the course?

As far as the card, at any major shoot you can easily find cards that have erasures for a number of issues..after the cards have been turned it. Trapper error and correction being a couple..

Many here are openly accusing him of cheating when the actual reason for the DQ has never been revealed. Has Northbrook came out and said he was cheating or just DQ'd from the shoot for other reasons..

At a recent shoot some were observed cheating on the 50 Bird prelim course..As far as I know they are still members in good standing of the State and National organization and no further action is being taken.

Who here definitively knows why he was DQ'd and can back it up with proof? Clue us all in...

That scorecard with all the erasures and changes was just a coincidence?

So if you walk into a room and find a body on the floor and a man standing over it with a bloody knife your initial reaction is to wonder what happened? Perhaps ask the guy with the bloody knife to help attempt CPR?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next