ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IJ 58 M Strip down question.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:37 pm 
Field Grade

I 've just recently got another Baikal, an IJ 58 M 12g and it has clearly been unloved for years. I've got most of the action stripped for cleaning but the cocking cams at the front have got me beat. Each has a small pin locating it which looks as if it can only be driven inwards to remove it. Its very tight and I'm reluctant to belt it through as if it won't go right through there will be no way of getting it re-located. Has anyone taken one of these apart and knows how this job should be done ? The rest of the action comes apart pretty straightforwardly so I expect there is an easy way to do this. Thanks