ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone mount sights on Shockwave or Tac14?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Just wondered if anyone had mounted rifle sights on a Shockwave or Tac14?

I would think an X/S front bead and their wide V rear sight would help with speed and pattern placement.

Anyone have experience with this?

Post subject: Re: Anyone mount sights on Shockwave or Tac14?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 am 
Crown Grade

My TAC-14 has rifle sights. They make it easier to hit with

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:54 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey, that looks great.

I'd like to run across one of the 14" bbls that has the V sight just in front of the receiver.

That's a neat sling choice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Stray wrote:
Hey, that looks great.

I'd like to run across one of the 14" bbls that has the V sight just in front of the receiver.

That's a neat sling choice.

https://www.remington.com/shop/%21NEW%21-870P-12-Ga-Extra-Barrel-14%22-w-XS-Rifle-Sights/p/27129

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 am 
Crown Grade

Laser Saddle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If it were a dedicated bear gun and only loaded with slugs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:26 pm 
Crown Grade

Sights? Needs at least an 4x scope!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

With shot of any diameter the front bead is all you need. This is because your eyes will be focused on the threat and the front bead will function like a red dot. (I actually painted mine day glow orange). It should sit right on top of the barrel and center mass of the target. Any other sight arrangement is slower to use. No matter how "tactical". Remember, the Shockwave is a gun, not a rifle. You don't aim it, you point it just like shooting skeet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Let me add this:

These "firearms" provide absolutely no performance advantage over a full sized shotgun. They are harder to shoot accurately, kick like a mule, produce lower velocity, increased blast, flash and noise.

The ONLY advantage these little beasts offer is the fact that they are short enough that you can actually maneuver one in your car, smuggle it into your motel room or stash it behind the counter at work and that satisfies the first rule of gun fighting: Have a gun.

The only way to make these a practical self defense weapon is not some sighting gimmick, it is serious range time and some more gym time would not hurt either.

The old line that these are for "serious shooters who's other hobby is weight lifting" is absolutely true.

If you are the typical over weight, out of shape over 50 diabetic you should probably leave them alone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:26 pm 
Field Grade

IMHO, it's more a Point and Shoot type of a gun. Get a 100 value pack of bird shot, then pick the biggest room in your house and walk around blowing stuff-up, phone, lamp, kitchenAid mixer, you'll find you can hit just about everything. Think of it as a pirate weapon protecting your ship/home. It is small enough to maneuver inside your home. You could get woken up in bed and be firing from bed (the butt stock would get in the way here), and they aren't going to grab the barrel and take it away from you,,,, I mean they can try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:54 am 
Diamond Grade

For such a precision shooting instrument as that one needs at least a 4-20X variable with an adjustable objective lens and 1/8" click adjustments. To withstand the pounding of such a fine firearm, I would recommend a Nightforce scope as they are TOUGH!. :D

Seriously though, some of these questions crack me up. Those weapons are point and shoot. The only sighting aid I can think of that would be at all useful is a laser sight. Just put some buckshot loads in that thing, put in the corner of your bedroom or under the bed and hope the heck you never have to shoot it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:21 am 
Crown Grade

Ezra Smack wrote:
Let me add this:

These "firearms" provide absolutely no performance advantage over a full sized shotgun. They are harder to shoot accurately, kick like a mule, produce lower velocity, increased blast, flash and noise.

The ONLY advantage these little beasts offer is the fact that they are short enough that you can actually maneuver one in your car, smuggle it into your motel room or stash it behind the counter at work and that satisfies the first rule of gun fighting: Have a gun.

The only way to make these a practical self defense weapon is not some sighting gimmick, it is serious range time and some more gym time would not hurt either.

The old line that these are for "serious shooters who's other hobby is weight lifting" is absolutely true.

If you are the typical over weight, out of shape over 50 diabetic you should probably leave them alone.

{hs# These are real-world words of wisdom.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am 
Diamond Grade

Awww, but they look cool!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:46 am 
Field Grade

Nah. These are just fun guns or point and shoot guns. I wouldn't want to try and aim out with these in a HD situation or otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:04 pm 
Field Grade

Here is an over 50 Guy That would take exception to the Internet Commandos comments about the shockwave and being older ,as if that makes any difference.
https://youtu.be/fM_sqSTg2v8

This guy has forgot more about defense and Killing than most will ever know.

I have a Shockwave 12 Gauge that Has a Crimson trace saddle mounted Laser and a Streamlight Protac 1 Rail mount Weapon light mounted on top of the Laser mount.

Using Winchester Super X 00 Buckshot at a 5 Yards the pattern is a little over 5 inches,at 7 yards a little over 5 inches and at 10 Yards (max shooting distance in my home)a little over 7 inches.
Laser adjusted to the pattern.
From the Hip or whatever the position just Put the laser dot where you want to hit and its a done deal.
Without using the Laser and just the center of the Weapon light as the reference Point it hits close enough to ensure good hits.

The Firearm is compact and easy to use Inside my Pickup or inside the house.

Now Making comments about over 50, out of shape ,Diabetic people must sound funny in your own mind to you.
That just shows your immaturity .

I am 60 Years old,a little overweight,Diabetic ,had 2 heart attacks and a triple bypass,and emphysema. So What ,That Makes absolutely no when it comes to self defense or Combat or so Called Tactical firearms .

If I ever have a low life criminal break into my house I am not going to challenge them to an arm wrestling contest or a fistfight.

I am going to use a weapon to stop them before they Harm or kill Myself or my Wife.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:37 am 
Limited Edition

I have the Tac 14 version since I'm more familiar with that platform. I've added several things since purchase, a strap on the forearm, a Meprolight night sight bead and since I kept the M Loc forearm I was able to add a Streamlight TLR-2 with a green laser.

I have co-witnessed the light/laser and the Meprolight bead and everything places the shot load together al all distances that I'm likely to shoot within my home. I have about 300 rounds through the gun and feel confident and comfortable that it will serve its intended purpose.