ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington V3 vs Franchi Affinity
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:58 pm 
Limited Edition

Ok I’m out to get a debate going I’ll be posting on Franchi board too ! Which do y’all believe is better the Franchi Affinity or the Remington V3 ?

Post subject: Re: Remington V3 vs Franchi Affinity
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

TimberHog wrote:
Ok I’m out to get a debate going I’ll be posting on Franchi board too ! Which do y’all believe is better the Franchi Affinity or the Remington V3 ?

They're about the same level of quality in my book. What really sets them apart are their dimensions. One thing I noticed handling the two is that the Remington feels like it has a very short wrist and is on the stockier side, whereas the Franchi has a wrist that is very long and the gun feels slimmer and more agile overall. Which one feels better to the individual shooter, not the quality of the gun, will be the deciding factor in this matchup.

"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give."Thomas Jefferson, 1788

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

should be the end of the thread right there

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:58 pm 
Limited Edition

ThrowAway wrote:
TimberHog wrote:

They're about the same level of quality in my book. What really sets them apart are their dimensions. One thing I noticed handling the two is that the Remington feels like it has a very short wrist and is on the stockier side, whereas the Franchi has a wrist that is very long and the gun feels slimmer and more agile overall. Which one feels better to the individual shooter, not the quality of the gun, will be the deciding factor in this matchup.

Thanks for the observation !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:20 pm 
Field Grade

Had this exact same question for my 16 year-old son who is saving currently for a V3, but he wanted to check out the Affinity 3 as well. We were able to hit a store today that had both and were able to swing them both. The above observation is spot-on with what our impression was. The V3 is beefier, with a wider forearm, and felt heavier. The Affinity felt slimmer and more agile. My only concern would be felt recoil...I'm sure the V3 being a gas gun and a touch heavier would have much less felt recoil.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:24 pm 

Both are good models and ThrowAway pointed out some differences nicely. The Franchi will be a little easier to take down for cleaning and should go a little longer between cleanings if needed/wanted. The V3 will likely cycle lighter loads better than the Franchi. The Franchi should be fine with game loads and a little heavier target load though. The V3 has an manual magazine to the Affinity that has an automatic one. Hold them side by side with different barrel lengths and pick the one you like the best.