ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Only 45 days till bird season opens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:49 pm 
Crown Grade

Tex68W wrote:
That's a bummer. You can always hunt with others, without the dogs, or get on some pen raised sanctuary stuff just to scratch the itch until next season.

My other partner is a member at a local preserve.

We'll go hunt some pheasants using the owners dog, but it's just not like hunting woodcock. IMO, pheasants are a little easier. They stay out of the real thick stuff, they fly longer, they fly slower, and they're a much bigger target. Plus it's more expensive. Ahhh what the heck...it's only money. :lol:

As you say, it will have to scratch the itch until next year. Let's hope he recovers completely. {hs#

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:54 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It’s bird weather here. Last night 42 degrees and 60 for a high today. Crystal clear skies and almost no wind

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm 
Crown Grade

It has actually been too warm to move the blue grouse up the mountain where I like to hunt them.

I am a little discouraged. A good friend died from the covid
a week ago, and my dog has a limp on a front leg that I can’t seem to get healed up. I have been going out with her and I am hoping it will get better by pheasant season. Where I pheasant hunt is a hard hunt for her.

When I have some more cheerful news I will post it. I do like to cheer people up. :lol: Hunt on!
And one man in his time plays many parts,
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

(from As You Like It, spoken by Jaques)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for that uplifting report, chucka. I was feeling OK until I read it. :lol:

Just kidding. Sorry about your friend and hope your dog gets to doing better soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yea Pheasant are easier than the smaller faster birds, no doubt. I get married in two weeks and then it's back home to start upland season and get after Mr. Bob ASAP.