ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: legacy citadel warthog
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 am 
Field Grade

Anyone know anything about the quality of this gun? Or Legacy Sports shotguns in general? I can't find much on them.

Post subject: Re: legacy citadel warthog
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:21 am 
Crown Grade

When you can't find much written about a gun, it's because no one gives a second thought to th P O S.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:53 am 
Field Grade

so I understand a lot of these off brand guns come from Turkey. But it seems that if you want a tactical shotgun right now, that is about all that is available. Another online source is selling Dickenson tacticals. I have seen Tristar here and there.

On the other hand, I have been trying to get a Winchester SXP tactical and I understand those are made in Turkey too. Are those any better just because they are branded as Winchester?

Gun market is pretty frustrating.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Its all about whatever company is ordering it from the manufacturer specs out with respect to shotguns of Turkish origin..

There are good shotguns coming out of Turkey and there is flat out junk coming out of there too.

But there is a reason these are the only things left on the shelf.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:31 am 
Utility Grade

I have it… I’ve put about 50 rounds through it and I’ve had absolutely zero issues.

No problems with jamming or ejecting. For the price I don’t know how you could get a better deal... You can find them for around $230 store.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Avoid cheap. Get a quality name brand shotgun that has a factory warranty, plenty of aftermarket support and that your local gunsmith knows how to fix.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:07 pm 
Field Grade

Ezra Smack wrote:
Avoid cheap. Get a quality name brand shotgun that has a factory warranty, plenty of aftermarket support and that your local gunsmith knows how to fix.

Easy to say. Very hard to do. There are virtually no name brand tactical shotguns to be had anywhere. I was holding out for a Benelli M2 or an SXP Extreme Defender. Nada. I didn't get the Lagacy but I ended up getting a different noname tactical pump (Dickensen) until I can get a name brand.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:52 pm 
Utility Grade

Buds has them for $450Ish and there are some reviews

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_inf ... /415012241

My buddy got one...I did not get to shoot it but if looked and felt just fine for a HD 12 gage
I do not like the 4+1 capacity

I have 2 Maverick 88s , 12G and 20G with higher capacity 6+1 and 18.5" barrels...But too high priced when you can find one

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:35 pm 
Field Grade

fredvon4 wrote:
But too high priced when you can find one

yeah, that's the run....finding the name brand ones at any price. I guess there are used ones around.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:08 am 
Utility Grade

Recently took delivery of the Citadel 25 Boss (AR styled). It looks to be a serviceable weapon based on my early experience. Have had an issue with 2 3/4" shells wanting to chamber first round, but for us we expect to use 3" for the most part so that isn't an issue.

Parts/accessories are proving difficult to find, but given that it isn't a popular brand that can be understood.

Yes, I agree that at current finding a tac gun is a challenge. Have seen a couple of 930s at my favorite gun store, but that's pretty much it. For the most part, "we'll let you know when they come in".