ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington Wingmaster Prices Going Nuts!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:38 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't know if this is going on across the board with Remington firearms but
870 Wingmaster prices are nuts and the once ubiquitous Express has become scarce.
I know many times people ask outrageous prices on guns but all these I linked
have active bids on them.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879500128

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879848443

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879852206

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879040669

Post subject: Re: Remington Wingmaster Prices Going Nuts!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:45 pm 
Limited Edition

$1400 :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

To be fair, you did chose 4 of the most uncommon variants for your thread...

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jusanothajoe wrote:
$1400 :shock:

For a left hand 20 gauge that isn't that outrageous of a price, esp considering the condition.

[email protected]

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

If I still had Wingmasters, I’d be getting them ready to list about now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Skeet_Man wrote:
To be fair, you did chose 4 of the most uncommon variants for your thread...

True, but all these examples were available for less than $600 a little more than
a year ago and in general Wingmasters that went for $3-400 are now selling for $500
and up. And those are the less than good condition ones.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

$600 would have bought you a beat LH 20ga some time ago, but definitely not a dead clean one. I know, I've been watching them off and on for years now hoping to find a deal.

I'm also dubious that you could find a dead clean recent mfg Wingmaster 410 for $600 a year ago, hell I've seen Express 410s bring near that in recent history.

[email protected]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:51 pm 
Field Grade

I agree that prices are jumping up, especially on the less common variations. I tried to buy an ADL standard 20 gauge that just went for $860 on gunbroker. Other, later, standard 20s have gone for over $1,000 on gunbroker. 16 gauge wingmasters with vent ribs are through the roof, and I’ve seen them go for almost $2,000 on gunsinternational in excellent condition. Matched pairs have almost doubled in price. Special fields have been steadily going up as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:17 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I just managed to get a ribbed mod choke 16 ga. from 1968 in near perfect condition. I couldn't believe it when it popped up on 16ga.com for $700. The last two that popped up on gunbroker SOLD for $1300 and $1800.
My set is now complete and I am not selling.

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:18 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm glad I've already got a couple!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Five years ago I purchased an 1968, Wingmaster 870 20 ga Skeet in near mint condition for $150. It remains one of my favorites. No telling what it’s worth now.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:19 am 
Field Grade

I bought a new 20ga Wingmaster from the local Sportsman's Warehouse back in June for $700. Glad I did, they seem to be sold out everywhere or very expensive on Gunbroker.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:31 am 
Crown Grade

HotGreasyBore wrote:
I bought a new 20ga Wingmaster from the local Sportsman's Warehouse back in June for $700. Glad I did, they seem to be sold out everywhere or very expensive on Gunbroker.

HGB, just curious, how has that gun performed for you?

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The 1971 L.H. 12ga. sold for $1500.00

Most times when a company goes under their products go for penny's on the dollar.

Not so with Remington.

Say's a lot about what people really think about Remington in spite of the negative view some

have of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Jaspo01 wrote:
Most times when a company goes under their products go for penny's on the dollar.

A couple things wrong here.

The guns you posted were far from "in production" items, and were already collectible and sought after WELL before the Remington bankruptcy. Like I said before, that price for a dead clean LH 870 20ga was not really THAT crazy, if you have to have a LH 20ga pump gun, what are your other options? Answer, none.

The 870 Express prices aren't up because Remington went through bankruptcy or because they will EVER have any collectability, the prices are up because they are the gun that non-gun owners gravitate toward if they are buying their first self defense firearm, call around to your local shops and see what the chances are of buying ANY pump action shotgun right now.

Remington did not "go under", it was bought out. "Go under" implies that the company ceased existing, which is definitely not the case.

Jaspo01 wrote:
Say's a lot about what people really think about Remington in spite of the negative view some have of them.

People will always want what they can no longer easily purchase, it's called FOMO. Exact same thing happened a couple years ago with the Browning Hi Power, sales couldn't justify Browning manufacturing them, so they stopped, and prices on for the ones floating around went up by 50-100% more or less overnight. People paying 600 bucks for an 870 Express to sock away because the think they are never going to be able to buy one again are going to feel real foolish when they are back on the shelf under 300 bucks in a year's time.

Sorry, but you're confusing different market forces when trying to draw a conclusion.

[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Skeet_Man wrote:
Jaspo01 wrote:

A couple things wrong here.

The guns you posted were far from "in production" items, and were already collectible and sought after WELL before the Remington bankruptcy. Like I said before, that price for a dead clean LH 870 20ga was not really THAT crazy, if you have to have a LH 20ga pump gun, what are your other options? Answer, none.

The 870 Express prices aren't up because Remington went through bankruptcy or because they will EVER have any collectability, the prices are up because they are the gun that non-gun owners gravitate toward if they are buying their first self defense firearm, call around to your local shops and see what the chances are of buying ANY pump action shotgun right now.

Remington did not "go under", it was bought out. "Go under" implies that the company ceased existing, which is definitely not the case.

Jaspo01 wrote:
Say's a lot about what people really think about Remington in spite of the negative view some have of them.

People will always want what they can no longer easily purchase, it's called FOMO. Exact same thing happened a couple years ago with the Browning Hi Power, sales couldn't justify Browning manufacturing them, so they stopped, and prices on for the ones floating around went up by 50-100% more or less overnight. People paying 600 bucks for an 870 Express to sock away because the think they are never going to be able to buy one again are going to feel real foolish when they are back on the shelf under 300 bucks in a year's time.

Sorry, but you're confusing different market forces when trying to draw a conclusion.

That`s for sure. If Roundhill Group walks the walk as good as they talk the talk, Remington will be around for some time and hopefully better. Because I`d had good experiences with Remington`s customer service before they entered bankruptcy the second time, I "tested " them to see how quickly they`d respond to an inquiry now. Sure enough, Johnny on the spot, with assurances that their commitment was the same.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

With all of the ancillary businesses now gone and with Roundhill focusing on just the Remington gun business, I would not be surprised to see an even higher quality product in the future. They might even bring the custom shop back to the head shed. Regardless, I would not be surprised to see an increase in prices on new products.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:10 pm 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
With all of the ancillary businesses now gone and with Roundhill focusing on just the Remington gun business, I would not be surprised to see an even higher quality product in the future. They might even bring the custom shop back to the head shed. Regardless, I would not be surprised to see an increase in prices on new products.

It will indeed be interesting to see where they price the guns moving forward. The price points for the V3 and 870 Express models have targeted that part of the market looking to spend on the lower end of the spectrum. Will that continue?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

casonet wrote:

Honestly if the quality is there I'd pay more.

Prices are going to be going through the roof anyway simply due to our governments fiscal policies and their printing press, but I'd rather pay $$$$ for quality than $$$ for junk.

I hope you're right.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Pay attention to quality ( QC ) and maintain excellent customer service. It`s amazing what that will do in both retaining and regaining market share.