All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How to achieve 50 straight
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

twohigh wrote:
John H wrote:
Quit counting.

Shoot every shot one at a time.

Yup, and don't take any target for granted. Keep your mental focus and don't let your mind wander.

This. I can't tell you how many perfect rounds I've lost because I got cocky and missed what should be an easy low or high station 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:30 pm 
Diamond Grade

I think most of us have done it a time or two. I missed an 8L option last month. My shooting buddies jaws dropped. I rarely, rarely, rarely miss that target and usually smoke it. I just laughed. I took it for granted. I only shoot recreationally now so - no money or titles on the line. Just my silly pride.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

You have the best advice. Shoot them 1 at a time. Other than 1 at a time, the best advice that I had was when I was shooting with a 1st team All America. I had a chip on low 4, in the first round. He could tell that it bothered me. He walked up and whispered "pay attention".

The worst "pucker factor" that I have seen jumped on a friend. It dug in deep on the .410. He shot thirteen 99s in the .410 before he ran 'em. The worst part was, The long run in all thirteen 99s was, yep, 99 from the front.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:17 am 
Tournament Grade

First a disclaimer. Internet shooting advice is a crap shoot when it comes to addressing the root of a shooters problem.
Now to the best advice I have received. I had plateaued. I would shoot some 25’s, 24’s, & 23’s. There was no consistency to which target I missed. Scattered in the round would be soft breaks. An old geezer suggested I put full chokes in and find the center of my pattern. Initially I missed more but with practice it tightened up the sight pictures for me and then it became a game of execution.
Willie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Every time I've shot 50 straight, I have been able to stay aggressive on my swings. When I get lazy is when I miss.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jmacgreg wrote:
Every time I've shot 50 straight, I have been able to stay aggressive on my swings. When I get lazy is when I miss.

How true. I find myself stopping the swing. I guess it just requires some concentration.