ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Guns delivered USPS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:05 pm 
Limited Edition

EuroMan wrote:
I have had three incoming packages drop off USPS tracking radar this year. The latest was shipped Sept 23rd for Sept 25th delivery , NC to North FL. Status revised to "late delivery" on the 26th and no record of package ever leaving distr. center Greenville, NC. On the 30th with no change in status I filed a trace on the package, explained the contents and that they could locate and deliver it or ATF could help them. It was moving 6 hrs later and delivered next day.

Just my experience,

I can imagine the reaction at the shipping office. Talk about steppin' and fetchin'.

tp

12/26" Franchi Affinity 3
12/26" ATI Cavalry (waiting 2 months now for a frikkin' firing pin)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

mpolans wrote:
Wowzer wrote:
How can you ship a gun via USPS? I thought it was illegal to bring a firearm into a federal office/building. Yet, I also see this from the (illegal) ATF:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-non ... al-service

What does this mean?

Thanks.

A non-FFL can only use the US Postal Service to mail long-guns (shotguns and rifles)...NOT handguns.
A non-FFL can use a "common carrier" (FedEX, UPS, DHL) to ship long guns AND handguns (but see common carrier's business requirements).

The key thing to know is that in all of the above cases, when any firearm is mailed or shipped, the *RECIPIENT* must be an FFL. There are a couple narrow exceptions for when a non-FFL sends a gun to a manufacturer for warranty/repair and they send it (or a replacement firearm) back directly to the non-FFL's address.

You also do not have to send a firearm to a FFL for a private party in-state sale where both buyer and seller are state residents and there are no state laws preventing such a transaction.

EX You and Joe both live in PA, and you are buying a gun from Joe. You send Joe the money, Joe sends the gun to your house, no FFL necessary and perfectly legal. Same as if it were happening and if you were physically in the same place.

[email protected]
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:57 pm 
Field Grade

winmod21 wrote:
I prefer to use FedEx or UPS when shipping guns. As private companies they are more motivated to get it right and meet customer expectations.

Definitely not my experience, esp with regards to UPS. I prefer USPS. But maybe it's just a locality issue. Some of one are better than another in one place and the reverse is also true elsewhere. I can only control the end points, not the intermediary, so I've found USPS to be the best option for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for the info. I never knew the legal ways to get USPS to ship a gun.