ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New to me super x1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yes, you need one

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:36 pm 
Field Grade

Just wanted to leave a update.

I recieved a replacement gas seal, I also opened the gas ports, reassembled and was able to shoot a few rounds this past Sunday. The gun is now working wonderfully. It cycles gun club light 8's, it seems with ease. I also purchased a shell deflector, with it installed it spits the hulls about 3 to 4 feet down in front of the next station. The wire I had bent up wasn't quite right. The hulls went right on by. Going to continue adjusting the wire, I'm sure I can get it figured out. I was also able to shoot a few shots at the patterning board. Wow, the full choke is tight. And, boy does it shoot flat. Doesn't look to be any more than 50/50, POI. I do wish it would shoot a little higher. I'm now contemplating having the comb cut so I could adjust some. I'm also thinking maybe I should shoot it more as it is. May try some build up mole skin first. I did get a chance to shoot it tonight two rounds of 16's. Scored a 23, 24. So far having a good time shooting it. May use it to shoot our league shoot this weekend.

Once again thanks for all the suggestions that has been made.
May all be safe, and healthy.
SmittyC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:49 pm 
Field Grade

Another small update. I've been shooting the super-x regularly, and having a really good time. A few weeks ago, I was able to shoot my first 50 straight, at a registered event. Oh how exciting that was. Then just last weekend I shot a 92 handicap score from the 20 yard line. Wich got me into a shootout, my first. In the shootout I managed a 22, but needed a 25 to win. It was another great experience.

So, now I'm trying to shoot the super x for doubles trap. I'm having some hiccups, and wondering if someone else may have a suggestion what to look for. Most of the time it shoots wonderfully, but occasionally, twice in one round of doubles today it wants to machine gun on the first target. I had it do this to me a couple times before. So, I cleaned the trigger group, and thought I had fixed it. But, obviously not. Is there any suggestions, what else I might do?

Thanks in advance, for any suggestions
SmittyC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Never had that problem. Is it a stage 1 trigger group?

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:30 pm 
Field Grade

Stage three.
I realize I may have to send it in to have a real gunsmith look into it. Just was hoping it might be something I should look for.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:12 pm 
Diamond Grade

I was told by someone, can't remember if it was Bob Baumgart or Nuline that you should not go below 4 pounds on the trigger pull. Your 3 pound trigger may be the problem, but then again it may just be the angle of it. A good trigger guy should sort it out okay. Nuline did a lot of them for me, they are good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:18 pm 
Presentation Grade

Yep, Nuline is where I would send the trigger. Maybe, just maybe your trigger is so light that your reaction from recoil you are bumping the trigger and not noticing you do so ??

oh, I see "Land of Oz" is that country or altered state :s

Last edited by Rack-N-Roy on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Joe, I've wondered about that. I just haven't figured out if its something that I'm doing, pull of the trigger, or something in the trigger assembly. I'll keep updating my findings.
Thank you for your thoughts
SmittyC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:24 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks Roy, will make a phone call to nuline tomorrow, too see what I might need to do.