Shotgun Forum banner

Shotgun Sports Magazine extended carrier release Rem 1100

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dbl Auto 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Shotgun Sports magazine extended carrier release for the Remington 1100?

Does it make closing the bolt easier? Does it make loading a shell in the magazine tube harder?

Thanks.

Doug

#3 ·
I totally agree w Virginian. The other add on carrier releases are very awkward and bulky. I have put the competition extended release on a standard field model and recently bought the competition synthetic which has one from the factory. I personally like the extended one because it makes loading the mag tube easier w out deliberately looking to hit the button w every shell, almost like an 870. I had no problem w the shorter standard one, but when my wife, kids or friends unfamiliar w the 1100/11-87 design used it, they had some problems loading it. It's fairly cheap and there's some good videos online on how to install it. If you've got any mechanical skills you can swap it out in 10-15 mins.

#4 ·
I have several of those bolt release extensions installed on 12 Ga. 1100 triggers. They were installed by Allan Timney way back when. Shooting in a 100 bird trap event they make life quite a bit easier. Never had any problems and they can be removed quite easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.