ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester 840 problems
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Ok so last week I bought a old Winchester 840 for dirt cheap because it has a problem and I need tips. So to start off I completely disassembled the action because the gun doesn’t want to break open so what would be the least harmful object to push back in there to release the ejector. And sorry if I’m meaning the wrong part. But it opens slightly and I can shine a light and see that ejector is protruding farther than it should. Never worked on one of these and need some help. Thanks in advance guys.

Post subject: Re: Winchester 840 problems
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Search for a Winchester Model 37 (aka: Cooey 840) complete disassembly, repair and restoration video on youtube. There are several.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

Post subject: Re: Winchester 840 problems
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:17 am 
Presentation Grade

Also check "Gunsmithing" on this forum. The "stickey" near the top for "Disassembly.. Winchester/Cooey 840..."