ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Folsom, Crescent, American Gun Co. & Tradename Informati
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Drew Hause wrote:
scayden: Pete Mikalajunas posted several ads from the Norwich City Directory which only list the "Industrial Building". There are listings for officers of Crescent Fire Arms Co. also
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=278742

"The Bulletin" archives very likely have an address, and possibly pictures of the building.
Please let us know what you find.

Thanks Drew! After reviewing the thread, it looks like the address may be 10-20 West Main St. in Norwich, Ct. I will check out that location next time I'm in the area, but I'm thinking a trip to the Norwich town hall/library might be needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

Wm. Enders tradename shotguns
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=469952

Richard Baxter (1615-1691), Directions Against Covetousness
"Be more careful to use what you have, than to get more."

Kingsley Brown "Shoot more, shop less."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 am 
Presentation Grade

Gentlemen,

Very interesting, thanks for the information.

Pine Creek/Dave

NRA Life Member/NRA Instructor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:48 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello shotgun detectives.

I've read through this thread and several others and could use some help. I'm trying to ID the model or SN of this shotgun. I ran into it after I purchased a house for remodeling. I'm not necessarily interested in the value or year, but would rather try to ID it so I can find replacement parts to refurbish the item. A friend said he might want it as a wall mounting in their hunting lodge. I might fix it up a little first.

The stamp says Washington Arms. I believe it's one of the Crescents, but I can't find this exact model so I can find parts. Next to the name might be a set of numbers. 3 digits. Possibly C03, OO3, CO8 or any of that type of combination. I haven't been able to find any pics or catalog entries that are close enough to this model to call it a match. The curvature of the hammer and notch on the trigger seem unique, at least from what I can find.

Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:58 pm 
Diamond Grade

It is a Hopkins & Allen Forehand model. Scroll down about 1/2 way here
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 5&t=447782

Richard Baxter (1615-1691), Directions Against Covetousness
"Be more careful to use what you have, than to get more."

Kingsley Brown "Shoot more, shop less."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 am 
Utility Grade

Ned Fall wrote:
I would like to clear up a couple of misconceptions if I may. H & D Folsom of New York City did not make guns They sold them. H & D Folsom was a very large retail and wholesale sporting goods dealer, an importer and distributor of firearms. H & D Folsom owned Crescent Fire Arms Company of Norwich,CT (1892 to 1930+) They owned Crescent from 1893 until they sold Crescent to the Savage Arms Company in 1930. Crescent was the maker of all the guns. Since Folsom owned Crescent they could and did claim in their catalog that they made the guns. However all the manufacturing took place in the Crescent plant in Norwich. Sears Roebuck owned Meridian Firm Arms of Meriden,Ct from 1905 to 1915 but I'm not aware of Sears claiming to make firearms although almost all of Meriden's production was sold by Sears. As to those "Trade Brand Name" listed in the catalog (60 of them) that's not all Crescent made in the lifetime. I've been collecting "Trade Brand Names" for over thirty five years and have a list of over 550 names that Crescent made. It has been said that Crescent would make as few as 12 guns with some selected name on them as long as the buyer bought this minimum number and paid for die needed to stamp the name on the gun. Most of the names I have found fall into that class.

Last edited by segdoh on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:31 pm 
Utility Grade

How do I post my photos???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:33 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi Im new to this site and would like to say hello to every one on this post.
I own a Fort Pitt/Crescent double barrel 12 gauge shotgun.I have been searching for info on my gun but have had no luck yet.My problem is, the shotgun I have has two shell ejectors.Im missing the push rods or pins that activate the ejectors.I have no clue what they look like or what they are actually called.Im pretty sure I wont be able to find any replacement parts,But if I could find a photo of the actual parts I will make them.Any help would be greatly appreciated.I have posted photos of the areas in need.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by segdoh on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:46 pm 
Crown Grade

You might find them here, cocking rods https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/meriden/shotguns-mer/hammerless-dbl