Shotgun Forum banner

Walmart Ammo

8K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  T-Pee 
#1 ·
All Walmart's in my area have removed ammo from the floor. Academy stopped offering free shipping on ammo.

#32 ·
J.Fred_Muggs said:
JoM said:
Walmart pulled all the ammo off of the shelves until after the election
Every Walmart?

How do you know that?

Why would they do that?
It was on the NEWS tonight said to deter and prevent looters from creating more problems.
What's wrong with armed guards to shoot ANY LOOTERS. That would take 2 to 5 dead thieves and looting would end.

#34 ·
rbdjr said:
J.Fred_Muggs said:
JoM said:
Every Walmart?

How do you know that?

Why would they do that?
It was on the NEWS tonight said to deter and prevent looters
Wall Street Journal reports Walmart did that at about half its stores. WSJ reported they did that to prevent theft. It can still be purchased.

#37 ·
It was reported Wal-Mart pulled all guns and ammo in fear of looting after the election. Probably a good idea given the lack of response to the looting. I guess I'm just old but I always thought we shot looters. But what did I know?

#38 ·
Auldthymer said:
JoM said:
Makes sense. I have removed all the bourbon from the shelf until after the election. I'll replace it then...if any is left. Don't count on it. Steady nerves don't come easily.
I did the same thing along with the Crown Royal and it's just about as hard to find as pistol ammo!

#42 ·
KRIEGHOFFK80 said:
sneem2 said:
It was reported Wal-Mart pulled all guns and ammo in fear of looting after the election. Probably a good idea given the lack of response to the looting. I guess I'm just old but I always thought we shot looters. But what did I know?
I agree 100%. That would stop the looting.
Maybe they should pull all the big screen TVs off the floor too. Then they may really stop the looters! :lol:

#43 ·
Stopped in to one of the Wal-Mart stores in my area out of curiosity this morning. Gun cabinets still are empty but there was some target ammo back on the shelves. Not a big supply there. 4-5 flats worth mostly of the estate super sports. 4 packs at $22.17 and individual boxes at $5.75 or so.

#44 ·
From what I read on other forums and from checking the on-line dealers I buy from, it seem ammo is getting scare. One big regional gun shop has a little bit still in stock, but it is limiting buyers to one flat.

I read here that many are still finding ammo at Walmart. Am I the only one that has nearby Walmarts that carry little shotgun ammo....ever?

I have two Walmarts fairly close to me. Neither have ever carried much ammo. Odd, both are in areas that were once in the center of great pheasant hunting. One is still in a rural area, the other in a rural moving toward becoming a bed-room community.

I once found a couple of 4-packs at one and asked about those. The lad at the gun desk said those were left-overs of a pallet they had for dove season. He suggested they got such a pallet every year for dove season. I've checked a couple years since, both during and just before dove season, and never found much "dove ammo", certainly never a pallet.

So again, am I the only one that has nearby Walmarts that carry little shotgun ammo?

#47 ·
painter* said:
lt0026 said:
Bass Pro has nothing on line. Academy has very little available. They want $8.00 to ship a flat of ammo. Thats on top of increased pricing.
Pricing is increased, but it's not $8/flat. It's $8/order.

$8 to ship 20 flats isn't a bad deal IMO.
You are right. I got 2 flats and the cost was $8 shipping. I had to have them, so I paid it.

#48 ·
floridaford said:
I picked up 6 4 packs of Federal ammo last weekend at my local Walmart 1 1/8 ounce #8 and #7 1/2. They seem to have it from time to time but not very much of it when they do. This time last year they would have the shelves packed with shells.
I just did the same at a Walmart in GA as the ones near me in North Florida don't have any.

#49 ·
claysman steve said:
Maybe they should pull all the big screen TVs off the floor too. Then they may really stop the looters! :lol:
As the old joke goes, replace the big screen TVs and vodka with work boots and Father's Day cards. That'll stop the looting. :lol:

This ammo shortage has been building since summer. In middle and late summer it was mostly 5.56, rimfire ammo and centerfire pistol cartridges. Now there are bare shelves that were full of sporting shotshells a couple months ago. My local Scheels still has hunting shotgun shells.

The nearby Walmart seems to get a couple flats of Super Targets and Estates every few days. I've picked up enough to last my family a year at least. By then I reckon the political dust will have settled. Especially if Georgia goes the right way in January.

#50 ·
Since I reload I don't bother looking for deals on factory shells. The time it takes to find what I want and drive to get it makes reloading a much better option for me.
I have enough supplies on hand to keep me going for the next 3 ~ 4 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.